Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Polish's - PICS - JUST POLISH - NO WAX - A+ RESULTS !!!

mikeg6045

Question

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I have posted. I've been hard at it rebuilding my tranny (LSD install), installing suspension, and swapping hardware and software (GT28RS/APR Stage 3 ECU) on my car. 95% of the work is done (still got to install different front brakes), but i'm about there. Results are 340 whp (385 crank hp) and 300 wtq (345 crank tq) - on a properly calibrated DynoJet.

This holiday weekend I started with a limited exterior detail. I really wanted to use the Swirl and Haze remover, but because of how thorough I am when it comes to detailing, I would have finished on Wednesday had I added that step. So for now, I just did a quick polish job for an event I want to attend in September. The car is not my DD, so it will sit in the garage.

The pictures here are shown with NO wax applied. I later added a coat of Americana for protection and to try and keep this shine in there.

So here is a list of the products and tools that i used

PRODUCTS

- Adams Car Shampoo - *

- Adams Waterless Wash - *

- Adams Detail Spray

- Adams All Purpose Cleaner - *

- Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner - to remove rust spots on hubs

- Adams Fine Machine Polish

- Adams Revive Polish

- Adams VRT - New formula - *

- Adams IN and OUT spray

- Adams Americana Paste Wax - the day after the pics where taken

- Adams Detailing Clay Bar - *

- Adams Glass Cleaner

While i'm very impressed with all of the Adams Products, there are some key ones that I am SUPER impressed with and would/could buy a five gallon container of them. Those products I have put a * next to. Those products really meet my needs that I am a stickler about. Amazing stuff.

Here are the tools that I used

ACCESSORIES

- Porter Cable 7424XP

- 2 Adams Buckets with Grit Guard and Gamma Seal

- Gilmour foam gun - (Adams on order on my next purchase)

- 2 Microfiber Chenille wash mitts

- 3 Great White Drying Towels

- 4 Adams While drying Towel

- 12 Adams Waterless Wash Towels

- 9 Adams Double Soft Premium Towels

- 2 Adams Microfiber applicators - To clean exhaust

- Adams Super Block Sponge's.

- Adams Pro tire applicator

- Adams Premium backing plate's - Large and Small

- 2 Adams white 7.5'' Fine Machine Polish pads

- 2 Adams white Fine Machine Polish focus pads

- Adams Boars Hair Wheel brush

- Adams Fender brush

- Adams Hex Americana Applicator

- 3m masking tape

I started out washing the car and drying it off with a mist of detail spray. I then clayed most parts of the car (it was in great condition and I was basically wasting my time, as I clayed it last month)(and its stays indoors).

I then completely misted down the car in Waterless wash , and gave it another quick detail. I again dried the car off and hit all the cracks with my 150 PSI air compressor. There was absolutely no water on the car anywhere. And I was confident that I had removed most if not all wax that was on the car.

Next up I used some detail spray on the wheels to gloss them up (works great), and I hit the tires with VRT (new formula). That was all I was going to VRT for now.

Next up I did the entire car in FMP. At a setting of 5. with the car taped off. First 2 pass with pressure, and the next 2 with little pressure. I was using 4 back and forth motions and considering that 1 section pass. I did 1 section pass on each panel over the entire car.

After that I again completely Waterless washed the entire car down, panel for panel. (did i say that I LOVE this stuff!!! It has some serious cleaning power that the detail spray does not, and Leaves a really clean finish)

I then used the Revive Polish with the blue hex hand pad. Then wiped it down, and hit the car AGAIN with a mist of Waterless wash.

And thats where I was at when I snapped these pictures.

After taking the pictures I did a few more things. I applied a coat of Americana, used VRT in every spot possible that was plastic or vinyl (on the exterior), and then cleaned the windows with Adams Glass Cleaner.

HERE ARE THE PICTURES. I WOULD AGAIN LIKE TO ADD THAT THIS CAR HAS NO WAX ON IT. ZERO.

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

THX !

I have the 6 speed manual. I replaced the clutch with a custom Southbend Unit though.

I did not want to put a Light Weight Flywheel on this setup, as this tranny makes a ton of chatter that is dampened down by the OEM Dual Mass Flywheel.

So for now Southbend made a custom Disk that will work with my factory Flywheel and Pressure plate (OEM pressure plate is rated for 400 fl-lb of torque). They used the disk material out of there stage 2 Endurance race clutch and installed them onto a OEM Sach's Clutch disk center.

So I basically have the best of both worlds. A high performance track clutch grip (one side organic, one side cryo metal) rated at 400 ft-lbs, alone with a quiet, no chatter gearbox.

At the moment Southbend is working on a replacement balanced and weighted steel flywheel to replace the OEM Dual Mass flywheel, while keeping chatter to a minimum (if any at all).

My friend has the same setup as me on his GTI (stage 3 APR kit) and ran a 12.2 at 115 at E-town last month. On pump gas.

Very cool! I too have the manual - but it's a lease so it will stay stock lol

awesome, you need to get some vids up of the car

Here is the video of my mechanics car. He has the exact car as me with the same engine modifications.

BUT, his car is setup for the drag strip.

He has :

- drag wheels (26lbs for the 4 rims minus tires) on slicks.

- 2 step / no-lift shift ignition box

- Southbend drag puc clutch - (I have the endurance road coarse clutch as my car still has an OEM feel to it)

He was having some issues with the no lift shift box messing with his ignition. Which he later got situated. This run is on the pump gas tune.

With the APR ECU flash you get to load 4 programs on your ECU, all at the same time. And you can switch between programs (tunes) via the cruise control stalk. I'll list what a fully loaded ECU consists of

program's

- stock OEM map

- 91 octane map

- 93 octane map

- 100 octane map

- valet mode (car is limited to 3.5K rpm and top speed of 70 mph)

The ECU can only fit 4 of these programs on it, so you have to choose which ones you want. I chose stock, 91, 93, and valet (100 octane program is still in development). But you can get reflashed at any time and change your menu.

a fully loaded ECU also consists of

- security lockout (you pick your program and then lock it in, which is password protected. your password is a 4 digit code that you insert in from the cruise control stalk

- fault code erase option (you can reset any fault codes on your ECU like a check engine light from removing your 02 sensor on your downpipe

- anti-theft (when you turn on anti-theft it removes the function of the gas pedal. The car will start, but the gas pedal is inactive unil you unlock it by inserting your security lockout code that I mentioned above.

Here is the video. This is the shop car from Redline SPeedworx in Jersey. They do the work on my car

so what have you done to the engine to be actually be able to run low 12's? what are these stock for hp? did you upgrade turbos?

Stock they are averaging about 200whp across the country. although VW/Audi #'s conservatively state 200 crank hp.

The engine is at about its limit on pump gas before it needs rods with this setup.

yes, i changed out the turbo for a Garrett GT28RS on an inconel cast manifold, at 22psi. 600hp rated Front Mount intercooler, full 3" turboback exhaust, Ram air intake, all new plumbing, remaped ECU, Southbend Clutch, Peloquin LSD

340whp, and about 303wtq on a 92 degree day. When fall comes i'm gonna go back on the dyno since these 2.0 liter turbo engines dont like heat soak very much.

Its a complete purpose built turbo kit that is tuned in house and built by APR motorsports , which is the best Audi/VW tuner in the world. They also have a motorsport race team and are involved in racing, where they collect all there R&D for there street car customers products.

Here is the kit minus FMIC , exhaust, and intake

http://www.goapr.com/products/stage3_20_tsi_trans.html

these 1/4 times i'm stating are conservative and completely repeatable with the production products and tunes.

Very cool! I too have the manual - but it's a lease so it will stay stock lol

yep, no need for a clutch if your on the stock hardware. The OEM clutch can handle quite a few mods.

With the challenger , there really no point in modding the GTI. It will take a decent coin just to get it up to the challenger's pace.

btw, do you have video's on youtube detailing the challenger ? I was watching some the other night, and thought some of the references were pretty comical. cool vids, if those were yours.

thanks for all the compliments guys. I am very impressed with Adams products, as they have worked excellent for me on this car.

I really need to go over the car with Swirl and Haze remover as I have some spiderweb scratching from poor quality microfibers as well as poor technique using them. I can see them from a shallow angle with 1000 watts of halogen reflecting off the car. The good thing though is that they are nearly impossible to see unless your setup with the halogens and know which angle to look (basically laying on the garage floor, lol)

I also want to add that if you dont have the Revive polish because your figuring your set with your machine line, you may want to pick some up. I did the final coat with Revive by hand and it most definitely was worth the extra 30 minutes to do so.

And I cant get enough of the Waterless Wash. This stuff is really good., and I have tried a lot of the competition's products.

Nice GTI! You have the manual or the auto??

THX !

I have the 6 speed manual. I replaced the clutch with a custom Southbend Unit though.

I did not want to put a Light Weight Flywheel on this setup, as this tranny makes a ton of chatter that is dampened down by the OEM Dual Mass Flywheel.

So for now Southbend made a custom Disk that will work with my factory Flywheel and Pressure plate (OEM pressure plate is rated for 400 fl-lb of torque). They used the disk material out of there stage 2 Endurance race clutch and installed them onto a OEM Sach's Clutch disk center.

So I basically have the best of both worlds. A high performance track clutch grip (one side organic, one side cryo metal) rated at 400 ft-lbs, alone with a quiet, no chatter gearbox.

At the moment Southbend is working on a replacement balanced and weighted steel flywheel to replace the OEM Dual Mass flywheel, while keeping chatter to a minimum (if any at all).

My friend has the same setup as me on his GTI (stage 3 APR kit) and ran a 12.2 at 115 at E-town last month. On pump gas.

Archived