Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW humidity question

Osok

Question

Yesterday I detailed a car and the weather was very odd (well typical for Rochester this time of year). I started out washing in sunny and 68 degrees and then moved the car into the garage.

By the time I got done with the clay, rewash, buffing, polishing and was ready to wax the temperature had dropped to about 55 and was real gray with a rain front moving in.

I applied the MSW via PC and let it sit for just about 40 minutes this time. The trunk, side panels all came off real nice but the hood and roof seemed to buff off but then leave a smudgy haze behind. I repeatedly buffed with the white towel by hand but i looked like all the haziness wouldnt come up.

Any ideas on what's up with that? Is the MSW that sensitive to the humidity/temp changes? It was odd that the hood was tougher to come off than the rest of the car..and maybe that was because I could see the haze better on that surface.

Thoughts?

I also noticed a similar sort of haze/smudginess when I use the WCW on cooler nights (ie around mid 50s and damp).

9 answers to this question

MSW can be hard to come off, which is why it lasts so DARN long... lol

One trick is to use your PC with the MF towel under the gray or white pad and use it to remove the haze.

I prefer spritzing (lightly) the MF towel with some DS or WW and removing the MSW. I only do this on the spots that put up a fight.

In my experience MSW likes 60+ weather better than 60- weather.

Chris

certain products, MSW in particular, are fickle about their ambient temps.

If you run into this problem its generally a good idea to allow more time for the trouble spots to cure (an hour or more) or try to heat up the space a little bit.

Try removal using a little detail spray and it should remedy the difficulties.

OK..thanks for the quick answers guys. As always, a wealth of knowledge here.

I half contemplated a bit of DS but then in my head i was thinking..hmm..if i ds it now i'm probably just taking it off since it hasnt set for 12 hrs :( I"ll file that one away for next time. BTW...today the haziness was gone for some reason.

Oh, I meant take pics of your ride after you detailed it.

That I did do...will hopefully get around to putting the pics up in the next day or so. Saddly, after the detail finished about an hour later i hit the wall and came down the the stupid flu. See what that Rochester weather does? Hate this time of year, almost 70 and sunny one time then 2hrs later its barely 50 windy and damp.

That I did do...will hopefully get around to putting the pics up in the next day or so. Saddly, after the detail finished about an hour later i hit the wall and came down the the stupid flu. See what that Rochester weather does? Hate this time of year, almost 70 and sunny one time then 2hrs later its barely 50 windy and damp.

MSW will do that to you... Darn stuff is made with the influenza bug... lol

NOOOO Adams's into chemical warfare!

lol

TOTALLY joking here.

Chris

Archived