Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep Wheel Cleaner turning tires brown?

DeDonDeRosa

Question

i noticed a few times after using the deep wheel cleaner that it seems to stain the tires brown from the product running down or accidentally getting it on the tires. anyone else seem to have this issue and what to use to remvoe the brown?? thanks guys  

Edited by DeDonDeRosa

10 answers to this question

I usually clean the tires first then wheels

I suggest doing the wheels first then the tires. I'd also take some care to keep the wheel cleaner off the rubber when possible. I realize it is not totally avoidable.

the apc i use on the tires turns my them brown too. but i hit it with vrt and its all good. never worried about it since i use the vrt but i am curious as to whats going on.

Ditto

Tire browning or tire bloom.

More prevalent in cars, trucks and SUVs that aren't geared toward performance.

Edited by BKazzle

i just did a maintenance wash yesterday and i used shampoo/h2o mixture on the tires just as i do on the wheels. it worked pretty good and the tire didnt brown. it may just be me but i think the tire looks shinier after the vrt now. anyway, its worth a try. i love the shampoo water mix for the wheels; quick sealing them first was worth it.

Used this for the first time on the girlfriend Audi A4 the other day, and ran into the same issue. Though I just hosed the wheels with the pressure washer at the car wash. Loved the way the product worked on the wheels, Infact I loved it, never had a spray on spray off product work so good on so much brake dust. But after wards I noticed the tires stained brown. But I figured it was from not cleaning the tires afterwards with APC.