Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEW! Adam's Made in the USA Detailing Clay - its finally here!

Team Adam's

Question

Its finally here! After 7+ long years being a slave to the patent law on clay bars in the USA we are finally able to offer our own, 100% American made, premium detailing clay! 

This new bar is super soft, super sticky, and best of all.... LESS EXPENSIVE THAN OUR PREVIOUS BAR! Grab yours today in solo packages or in the popular Detail Spray / Clay Combo:

post-1228-0-77763200-1379103731_thumb.jpg

NEW! Adam's Made in the USA Detailing Clay Bar - $19.95 before forum discount

NEW! Adam's Made in the USA Detail Clay Combo - $29.95 before forum discount

You'll absolutely love working with this new, softer, more pliable clay. For years we've talked about the amazing clay bars that were available in other parts of the world, but here in the US our hands were tied on what we could sell, where we could source it from, and what compounds we could provide our customers. 

This new, ultra fine bar stays soft, pliable, and sticky even in the coldest or wettest conditions. We've all been there... you're claying a car on a cool morning or the water from washing is still cold. Our previous generation clay would get brittle, stiff, and hard to work with. This new bar will always stay soft and easy to fold, stretch, and mold to the contours of your car. 

Ultra fine for delicate work, but still effective on tough contamination. Our new bar is the finest grade compound available today, but still capable of taking on all your decontamination projects. This bar removes overspray and bonded contamination with ease, but never introduces a bit of marring or damage unlike harder bars or "clay alternatives" found on the market today. 

Easy to see contamination on the new, lighter color. We worked extra hard on coming up with a fine clay compound that was as close to white as possible, allowing you to see the contamination pulled into the bar and decide to rotate it accordingly. its a simple thing that makes detailing easier... colored bars often times hide contamination you never truly know when your bar is dirty... our clay shows you, clearly when its time to rotate or replace your bar. 

Two 100 gram bars, wrapped separately. Sometimes tearing a bigger bar into smaller parts isn't easy, or at the very least a stretchy, sticky mess. We recognized that and took this chance to give you 2 separate bars. Rip each one in half to give yourself 4 useable parts, or use each 100 gram bar out of the package, your call! 

Custom Made in the USA! These bars, including the cellophane they're wrapped in, the box they ship in, and the label applied to it, are all made right here in the USA to our specifications. This new clay compound was developed entirely in house at Adam's Premium Car Care over the past 9 months and tested extensively by our entire team to make sure we were bringing the best possible clay to market. 

*Note - Effective today 9/13/13 all kits that include clay will include the new version unless otherwise specified. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Not sure the right place for this...

I ordered clay 2 weeks ago and just ordered the flex package that comes with clay.

The first clay came in a round container that screws on. This is in 1 big piece.

The second came in a rectangle container that snaps on. This is in 2 smaller pieces.

Is there a difference in the clay? 

Not sure the right place for this...

I ordered clay 2 weeks ago and just ordered the flex package that comes with clay.

The first clay came in a round container that screws on. This is in 1 big piece.

The second came in a rectangle container that snaps on. This is in 2 smaller pieces.

Is there a difference in the clay? 

Yes, the rectangle one is the new USA made clay with all of the differences in the 1st post of this thread.

So the circular container is not new?

I might have to call up Adams tomorrow to figure out if they are the same or not.

Did you have the old one SYMAWD, was it in the circle container?

I bought both of these clays after the new clay was out.

The small ones in the rectangular container are new.

So the circular container is not new?

I might have to call up Adams tomorrow to figure out if they are the same or not.

Did you have the old one SYMAWD, was it in the circle container?

I bought both of these clays after the new clay was out.

Please reference the first post in this thread. It even shows a picture of the new bar. 

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24967-new-adams-made-in-the-usa-detailing-clay-its-finally-here/

The round jar is our old bar, the square container is the new Made in the USA clay. 

The differences are outlined in this thread already for you. As of 9/13 all we've been shipping is the new stuff... if you got a round jar either the order pre-dates that or its the GM clay which is still using the round jar. 

Thanks Dylan,

I am not asking about the differences though between new and old. Rather, trying to find out why I received two different clays which I thought should have been the same.

I found one kit which is the "GM Licensed" One, it has a picture of the same clay I received. It is the ADAMS GM OFFICIALLY LICENSED BASIC CORVETTE & CAMARO DETAIL KIT I am referring too. (Note, I did not buy this kit, I am just stating it has a picture of the clay I received in my first clay order)

My order had said "NEW! Adam's Made in the USA Detailing Clay Combo-with 16oz Detail Spray" and was dated September 23rd.

Judging by the responses, I received the wrong clay?

Please reference the first post in this thread. It even shows a picture of the new bar. 

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24967-new-adams-made-in-the-usa-detailing-clay-its-finally-here/

The round jar is our old bar, the square container is the new Made in the USA clay. 

The differences are outlined in this thread already for you. As of 9/13 all we've been shipping is the new stuff... if you got a round jar either the order pre-dates that or its the GM clay which is still using the round jar. 

Edited by neverhaveiever

Thanks Dylan,

I am not asking about the differences though between new and old. Rather, trying to find out why I received two different clays which I thought should have been the same.

I found one kit which is the "GM Licensed" One, it has a picture of the same clay I received. It is the ADAMS GM OFFICIALLY LICENSED BASIC CORVETTE & CAMARO DETAIL KIT I am referring too. (Note, I did not buy this kit, I am just stating it has a picture of the clay I received in my first clay order)

My order had said "NEW! Adam's Made in the USA Detailing Clay Combo-with 16oz Detail Spray" and was dated September 23rd.

Judging by the responses, I received the wrong clay?

Sounds that way Jerome.  

I would contact customer service when they wake up...  

Phone: (866) 965-0400 

Thank you Chewy!

Email sent. Panic avoided folks :P

Now, I just need to find something to clay so I can see the difference between the two hands on... that is one plus side to this story (since I already opened and used the first "older" clay)

Sounds that way Jerome.  

I would contact customer service when they wake up...  

Phone: (866) 965-0400 

Jerome, 

May be able to shed some more light on this... customer service brought to my attention your order was in Canada thru our .ca site. 

Its possible Dexter didn't have the USA made clay at the canadian facility in time to fill that first order. Get in touch with him when you have a moment, I'm sure he can get you squared up. 

That would be cool!

Ah yes, Canada does shake things up from time to time.  We should have flags next to our names with our nationalities.  That'd be cool! 

Thanks Dylan, it has been cleared up and remarkably quickly!

Jerome, 

May be able to shed some more light on this... customer service brought to my attention your order was in Canada thru our .ca site. 

Its possible Dexter didn't have the USA made clay at the canadian facility in time to fill that first order. Get in touch with him when you have a moment, I'm sure he can get you squared up. 

Can't wait to get my hands on this stuff.  If it removes the contamination faster, I am all for that, as I am not the fastest detailer in the world and can use any help in speeding up the process.  Plus the paint is (gasp) in need of a good polishing session. (hangs head in shame).  I

I have tried: meguiars clay, adams old clay, and adams new clay.

the new clay is my favorite and is better than the other two I listed.

I dont have experience with others, but from what i've been told because of the patent that was in place before most of them were the same (although the adams old clay and the meguiars clay were VERY different).

I recommend adams new clay x10000.

Can't wait to get my hands on this stuff.  If it removes the contamination faster, I am all for that, as I am not the fastest detailer in the world and can use any help in speeding up the process.  Plus the paint is (gasp) in need of a good polishing session. (hangs head in shame).  I