Customer Service 866.965.0400

LiveChat Customer Support

We are considering implementing a one on one program that would be linked on both our main storefront and on our forum.

This would allow anyone visiting our sites to get instant chat support from Ashley and myself to help with checkout support and technical issues, we'd still encourage product questions to be posted on our forum so more can benefit from the answer. It would even be secure so credit card and other billing information could be shared over it.

Is this something you'd be interested in and could see yourself or someone else benefiting from?

We are considering implementing a peer to peer chat program that would be linked on both our main storefront and on our forum.

This would allow anyone visiting our sites to get instant chat support from Ashley and myself to help with checkout support and technical issues, we'd still encourage product questions to be posted on our forum so more can benefit from the answer.

Is this something you'd be interested in and could see yourself or someone else benefiting from?

So just a standard VB chat?

I find the "robot" ones are annoying at best. You are "just looking" and this popup window shows up with someone asking to help. Feels like advertising to me.

On the other hand, if this will be a "click through" or customer initiated chat, then, yes, It is a good idea.

Just my $0.02

I find the "robot" ones are annoying at best. You are "just looking" and this popup window shows up with someone asking to help. Feels like advertising to me.

On the other hand, if this will be a "click through" or customer initiated chat, then, yes, It is a good idea.

Just my $0.02

This will totally be user initiated, if you were stuck or had a question you could click the help link, a window pops up, and Ashley and I would be there to help.

What would happen if you or Ashley weren't online? Would that open the door to someone being frustrated by lack of attention? Or would you two "check in" when online and in essence hang an "Open" sign on the window?

Good question(s)! :)

What would happen if you or Ashley weren't online? Would that open the door to someone being frustrated by lack of attention? Or would you two "check in" when online and in essence hang an "Open" sign on the window?

When neither of us are available it'd say "offline." It'd only be available for use during business hours.

When it's active it'll say "active."

Im all for this idea, but I am concerned it wouldnt be used that much if the intent is only to address technical issues with the online store. In my experience these issues are few and far between. The more interesting support is for the products themselves and, as you said (Jason), these questions would still belong here in the forum. Therefore, Im not sure the chat would be worth your investment/time.

In all honesty, I expect to pick up the phone and call someone if/when I am having trouble with the online store/cart.

Im all for this idea, but I am concerned it wouldnt be used that much if the intent is only to address technical issues with the online store. In my experience these issues are few and far between. The more interesting support is for the products themselves and, as you said (Jason), these questions would still belong here in the forum. Therefore, Im not sure the chat would be worth your investment/time.

In all honesty, I expect to pick up the phone and call someone if/when I am having trouble with the online store/cart.

Great points!

The problem with that is sometimes when you call you end up having to talk to Jason. :willy::D

Personally I am not a big fan of the Live Chat

I have used them before with 3 different company's and never received the help I needed and had to call anyway. Either the person couldn't do anything over the chat or didn't understand what I was asking for.

I am not saying this would be the case with Adam's, as you guys actually care about your customers! But I am hesitant to use them anymore

One thought I had is if its only 2 of you, and you get 10 (or more) questions at the same time that could get ugly/frustrating for you two.

my .02

Personally I am not a big fan of the Live Chat

I have used them before with 3 different company's and never received the help I needed and had to call anyway. Either the person couldn't do anything over the chat or didn't understand what I was asking for.

I am not saying this would be the case with Adam's, as you guys actually care about your customers! But I am hesitant to use them anymore

One thought I had is if its only 2 of you, and you get 10 (or more) questions at the same time that could get ugly/frustrating for you two.

my .02

All very true. What you'll find is a lot of the Livechat programs are linked to customer service centers located outside the US. Ebay for example - their livechat feature takes you all over the world.

When you click ours, you'll get Ashley or myself and we can answer ANY question you'll have :)

Sorry, I'm late to this dance... Been busy...

While I think this could be a good idea, it could get out of hand VERY quickly and leave you and Ashley no time to do anything else !!

I'd advise a trial period and based on how well it works, (or not), determine if your's and Ashley's time would be better spent doing other things..

dv

I was not very optimistic about this feature, but I have to say that I am now a believer. Ashley hooked me up this afternoon and it all worked great...much better than sending a PM or email and waiting for an answer. Also, it keeps me from picking up the phone and letting my wife or co-workers know that I am about to place an order.:cheers: