Customer Service 866.965.0400

List of most ways to utilize each type of applicator

mtnbiker326

Question

Hello Everyone.

I have only been detailing on here for about 2 months and I am hearing many uses for each type of applicator.

Since I wanted to consolidate most of the "creative" and useful ways to use each applicator, I have composed a list and wanted to "print it out" for myself and leave in the garage for my reference later.

I need some help filling in extra creative ways to use the applicators below.

In what ways can the following applicators be used (and with which products)... without damaging or ruining the applicator?

Americana Premium Wax & Glaze Applicator with Blue or Black Top and Red Bottom / Black with Yellow Hex-Grip Car Wax Applicator (as bottom foam is the same density) 

post-11488-0-22322900-1397703386.jpg post-11488-0-61242000-1397703396.jpg post-11488-0-35914800-1397703465.jpg

Use with:

-apply wax

-apply glaze

-apply metal polish #2

-apply quick sealant (paint and wheels (separate applicators))

-apply liquid paint sealant

-apply buttery wax

Red Premium Interior Dressing Applicator (UFO)

post-11488-0-41022800-1397703471.jpg

Use with:

-apply leather and interior conditioner

-apply VRT (interior and exterior)

-apply buttery wax

Black with BLUE Hex-Grip Hand Polish Applicator

post-11488-0-95834600-1397703616.jpg

Use with:

-apply revive polish

-apply metal polish #1

Americana Mini Wax Applicator

post-11488-0-08514100-1397703944_thumb.jpg

Use with:

-apply wax

-apply glaze

-apply metal polish #2

-apply buttery wax

VRT Super Block Dressing Applicator

post-11488-0-63462000-1397703482.jpg

Use with:

-apply leather and interior conditioner

Black Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator

post-11488-0-41585200-1397703486.jpg

Use with:

-apply VRT to tires

-apply liquid paint sealant (extra applicator that hasn't touched tires)

Blue Microfiber Applicator Pads

post-11488-0-00265500-1397703490.jpg

Use with:

-apply glass sealant

-apply leather and interior cleaner AND conditioner

-apply metal polish #1 and #2

-apply quick sealant  (paint and wheels (separate applicators))

-apply carpet and upholstery cleaner to house and car fabrics

**The Microfiber applicators do tend to be the most disposable however.  The Microfiber applicators are easier to do multi-use because you can launder them with your Microfiber towels.

Each applicator must not be allowed to co-mingle between product usage with it, even if you clean them out well. 

Each applicator should have a dedicated product use in my opinion.**

I will also include the "utility towels" and all purpose (formally metal polish) towels

-apply carpet and upholstery cleaner

-apply metal polish #1 and #2

-apply leather and interior cleaner (and conditioner)

-apply rinseless wash on wheels only (unless single or double soft is usable still with fresh sides left)

Note: interiors; short side for cleaning, long side for dusting/wiping.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to fill in as much info as I know so that we don't have people saying the common "standard answers".

I know I have missed a few critical answers but be kind with replies.  I will continue to keep the list updated as people write in with suggestions.  

Thanks in advance.   :)

Edited by mtnbiker326

23 answers to this question

The blue hex grip is the same foam, I believe, as the yellow and red. 

If you have an extra pro tire sponge that hasn't been used for VRT, you can use it for applying LPS by hand since the face of the applicator is the same texture as the black sealant machine pad.

I use the "all purpose" towels for interiors; short side for cleaning, long side for dusting/wiping.

The blue hex grip is the same foam, I believe, as the yellow and red. 

If you have an extra pro tire sponge that hasn't been used for VRT, you can use it for applying LPS by hand since the face of the applicator is the same texture as the black sealant machine pad.

I use the "all purpose" towels for interiors; short side for cleaning, long side for dusting/wiping.

Great suggestions... I already updated them in the list.  Thanks for the tips.  

The blue is a denser foam (Per Dylan before he left).  It gave him more "cutting" ability than the mini americana (red foam) applicator in the metal polish video.

Do we have any others with ideas?

Edited by mtnbiker326

I agree...  Sending a PM to Nick to have him verify these ideas.  Unless someone else within the Adam's "employment" would like to comment on the above.  (don't want to leave anyone out, Nick came to mind first)

It would be nice if someone from Adams Polishes would verify all of the list just to be safe. Not that any are wrong but when you get the OK right from the source it is reassuring.

Edited by mtnbiker326

Good idea, but from what I read they are not carrying the hex grips anymore

I agree, but Adam's dealers around the country still have plenty of them (and you can get them other places as well (for now)).  I wanted to include them as they are still in most of the Adam's videos posted online.

The list will increase as new applicators become available to replace the old ones and their roles in the Adam's detailing world.

Nice job on the list Chris!

As we can all see many of the applicators are hugely multi useful.

Myself personally I have a Black/Red hex, a Red UFO, a Red Americana mini, Pro-Tire applicator (I use on tires exclusively), Super Block for VRT, as well as a few MF applicators, which I find to be the most multi useful applicator, as I use them for metal polishing, leather conditioner application, as well as wax/sealant application from time to time.

The MF applicators do tend to be the most disposable however.  Point is with each applicator to be sure to not co-mingle, even if you clean them out well.  Each applicator should have a dedicated product use in my opinion.

For example I have 3 non-Adam's waxes and Sealants I use, the Black/Red hex is used with 1, the Red UFO is used with another product, and I also have a Buttery hex applicator on the way for use with the 3rd product. 

The MF applicators are easier to do multi-use because you can launder them with your MF towels.

Nice job on the list Chris!

As we can all see many of the applicators are hugely multi useful.

Myself personally I have a Black/Red hex, a Red UFO, a Red Americana mini, Pro-Tire applicator (I use on tires exclusively), Super Block for VRT, as well as a few MF applicators, which I find to be the most multi useful applicator, as I use them for metal polishing, leather conditioner application, as well as wax/sealant application from time to time.

The MF applicators do tend to be the most disposable however.  Point is with each applicator to be sure to not co-mingle, even if you clean them out well.  Each applicator should have a dedicated product use in my opinion.

For example I have 3 non-Adam's waxes and Sealants I use, the Black/Red hex is used with 1, the Red UFO is used with another product, and I also have a Buttery hex applicator on the way for use with the 3rd product. 

The MF applicators are easier to do multi-use because you can launder them with your MF towels.

Good points.

I added those as notes at the end of this.  Thanks Jason.  :)

Nice work - this will definitely be helpful info to keep on hand.

I'll add one - I have been using a blue/red hex grip for Buttery wax (as the yellow ones were out of stock when I bought the Buttery, and I wanted to try it out anyway). Seems to work quite nicely. Of course I have separate ones for my Americana and Buttery.

Nice work - this will definitely be helpful info to keep on hand.

I'll add one - I have been using a blue/red hex grip for Buttery wax (as the yellow ones were out of stock when I bought the Buttery, and I wanted to try it out anyway). Seems to work quite nicely. Of course I have separate ones for my Americana and Buttery.

Good point.  Didn't even add anything about buttery wax.

Update complete.  :)

Hey Guys,

I put together a PDF file of what you have so far. You can check it out and I will update it if needed.

It is both in picture format and you can download the PDF file that is attached.

Ron

Thanks Ron.  That was exactly what I had planned to do with this list but never had time to do it.  Thanks :)

I have also updated the posting with the photos and descriptions from the PDF.  Granted, it isn't as "clean" but if someone needed to refer to it, it is there.

Thanks to Ron...  BluedogGMC for the layout and PDF update. :)