Customer Service 866.965.0400

60 Minutes piece on Jay Leno

Marylander

Anyone see that last night? It was really good, and pretty insightful of a lot of the late-night changes that have taken place over the past few years. Jay was very genuine and his attitude toward all the drama was refreshing. And the shots of his car collection... oh my... Truly astounding. :cheers:

it was good and like you said, a lot of behind the scenes stuff that took place that we weren't aware of.  

his car collections...AWESOME!!!  I wonder if he has a full time detailer and what products they use?

I know... he's got all sorts of car art, ads and banners in his warehouses, and I kept looking for a little Adam's banner on the wall someplace. lol

Thanks for posting that!

No prob.  I haven't watched late night TV in over a decade (unless an MLB game goes extra innings) but I always found the "behind-the-scenes" stuff interesting.

...and those CARS!   Homina homina!

Edited by Beemer

goto http://www.nbc.com/jay-lenos-garage

I subscribed to him on YouTube as well.  I never liked his comedy style or his late night, but he's great on cars.  

IMO, Fallon is ROCKING late night.  MUCH more fun and original.

I thought it was really interesting how he said each monologue was written to have a few clever jokes, a few silly jokes, a few corny jokes, etc. so that there'd be a little something for everyone... He was trying to reach a nationwide demographic, where as the new generation guys are geared to the younger market. And I agree, Fallon is AWESOME -- his version of the tonight show pulled me away from Colbert -- but I know my parents don't get Fallon and wish Jay was still on there.

I thought it was really interesting how he said each monologue was written to have a few clever jokes, a few silly jokes, a few corny jokes, etc. so that there'd be a little something for everyone... He was trying to reach a nationwide demographic, where as the new generation guys are geared to the younger market. And I agree, Fallon is AWESOME -- his version of the tonight show pulled me away from Colbert -- but I know my parents don't get Fallon and wish Jay was still on there.

Yep!  The older folks liked Leno, but hey, when the hell do WE get what we like?  lol  NOW BABY!  

If I recall correctly, Adam himself delivered products to Jays Garage many years ago. I liked Jay Leno's show but certainly laugh a lot more with Jimmy Fallon. He gets the celeb's to do all kinds of stuff. Everything I have ever seen about Jay Leno shows that he is a very laid back humble guy that works like crazy (and loves his blue jean shirts). He did an interview one time and they asked if the rumor was true that he has never spent any of the money he makes from the tonight show. He said it was true that he has saved it since his very first paycheck. I would imagine that is for rare is show business. I have been watching his car vids for years, started on his webpage and since have converted to his youtube channel! Another good one is "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" with Jerry Seinfeld. He does an excellent interview with Jay.