Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam’s Clay bar question.

mando2776

Question

Question for the shine Doc, Or anyone that have experienced claying with adams new claybar.  I’ve seen adam’s video on the clay bar use, I wanted to know how many uses I can get out of a new clay bar.  I have a camaro, and I know it can be reused by storing it in a sealed bag with a few shots of detail spray.

Is it better to split clay into 2 separate pieces? Or just use the whole clay.

thanks.

12 answers to this question

I just need some feedback on a discussion I'm having on another forum. The other side of the debate stated, and I quote "Clay barring is not meant for dark cars period"

I believe this to be an incorrect statement. Can anyone share some knowledge?

Is that thought process that you wont see much difference, or it is more likely to show maring?

Either one of those seems short sighted, but cant think of any other reasons why someone would say that.

Is that thought process that you wont see much difference, or it is more likely to show maring?

Either one of those seems short sighted, but cant think of any other reasons why someone would say that.

Depends on how aggressive of a clay you use. A fine grade clay like the one Adam's sells shouldn't cause marring but this also depends on how soft the paint is as well. Either way it wouldn't stop me from claying a black car.

Coloradofans.com

Oh good, looks like we have a dealership detailer that doesn't know what he is talking about and obviously doesn't have any experience in this department since he is afraid to touch black paint anyways.

I hate those invisible scratches.

I guess he doesn't like doing any type of correcting on the car.

Another point I never really understood was charging more for black or dark colored paint. I get that marks show up on darker colors more, but it also, in my opinion, looks better when corrected. If you are charging by # or passes, or doing a full correction, doesnt that show you dont put the same effort and work into the lighter color cars?

I think the thought process from that guy is flawed.  Is he trying to never have to ever polish black paint?  In all honesty polishing is not a complex nor hurtful procedure and with something like black may need to be done on a yearly basis for maintenance.

If he doesnt ever want to show swirls on the paint, he needs to do a foam cannon, turbo tip on the pressure washer, rinse with RO water, and blow dry with a Master Blaster.  Aka never touch the paint.