Customer Service 866.965.0400

2018 Corvette Whats the news on it.

Southern Car Parts

Actually, I believe the factory is closed for TOURS for 18 months. The plant shutdown for model year change-over will be a little longer this year, but way less the 18 months. I forget, but if I remember correctly something like 6-8 weeks.

A "ZR1" (Basically aC7 wide body with motor, aero...) is considered a definite. Rumors are a mid engine will follow. 

Edited by LT1xL82

I think the mid engine idea has been scrapped for the Vette and will most likely be in the Cadillac. They built Cadillacs in the Corvette plant before.  The only news I've heard definite on 2018's is the ZR1 later this year (that should be killer) and the 65th Anniversary Vette that everyone has seen, and is basically a $15,000 add on sticker and leftovers package.  Not worth it in my book, but there will be guys that have to have it.   Limited run on them, but that putty color will be available for all Vettes and not exclusive to the 65th like it should be.  That's GM for you.   

Bad thing is...........the 65th makes my 60th five years old!  But with only 10,000 miles on it, I'm still breaking it in.  ;)

The Bowling Green Plant will shutdown for a few months, to allow the completion of a new paint facility, and to allow GM to "re-route" the vehicle assembly line operation steps for the facility to be a more productive and sequenced as it should be for efficiency.

As far as the rumored mid-engine vehicle, there is much speculation about what and when, but until GM allows anyone the opportunity to disclose any information, nothing official can be stated due to confidentiality agreements.

With the US CAFE standards still in place, the OEM vehicle makers all need to consider more fuel efficient vehicles, whether that is smaller, lighter cars, or smaller lighter powertrains in those vehicles. 

The plant tours will cease due to the renovation, but should be back in operation before the 18 months initially publicized, as reported at the recent Corvette BASH. 

I think the mid engine idea has been scrapped for the Vette and will most likely be in the Cadillac. They built Cadillacs in the Corvette plant before.  The only news I've heard definite on 2018's is the ZR1 later this year (that should be killer) and the 65th Anniversary Vette that everyone has seen, and is basically a $15,000 add on sticker and leftovers package.  Not worth it in my book, but there will be guys that have to have it.   Limited run on them, but that putty color will be available for all Vettes and not exclusive to the 65th like it should be.  That's GM for you.   

Bad thing is...........the 65th makes my 60th five years old!  But with only 10,000 miles on it, I'm still breaking it in.  ;)

I'm still tore between the 2. But I'm sure it will be bad ***......

logo.png

Paul Morris

Web Design/Marketing

1-888-631-1433 Ext 101

www.southerncarparts.com