Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O GG vs Ceramic Boost

TexWalker

Question

Ok, I just read that the Ceramic boost can be used on cars that have not been ceramic coated, and that it provides good protection and shine. 

But I also know that H2O GG is awesome to use right after a wash. 

I see that the H2O GG will be faster, but would the ceramic boost offer better protection for longer? Should I amend my process and buy even more Adams products?

Currently, the vehicles are sealed, no ceramic coating. Im very happy with the H2O GG but Im also lazy and have several cars and a 2 year old and a 1 year old and I work full time an hour from home. So, time isn't something I really have a lot of. A few more minutes of work with the ability to eek out another week or 3 between treatments might be worth my time. 

10 answers to this question

Hi Tim, indeed our Ceramic Boost works outstanding even on cars that are not ceramic coated. It's quickly becoming my favorite product that we offer, even more so than H2O Guard, which used to be my favorite. I've been using Ceramic Boost about once every 2-3 months on my car to keep the coating fresh and incredibly slick.

It's a fairly thick product, but not as thick as H2O Guard, so it does mist and spray out more easily. I will mist it onto the dry surface just like I would with Detail Spray, and I've found best results with wiping it and and buffing clean with our Double Soft or Triple Soft Towels. I use one side of the towel to wipe the Ceramic Boost into the surface, and then either the other side of the towel or a second towel to wipe away the remainder.

It can be a tiny bit streaky if you spray too much, and you will see a sort of oily/rainbow residue if you miss wiping any away, but you can simply go back over it again with a little more pressure from the towel to remove any streaks. It leaves the painted surfaces ridiculously slick, slippery, and with a ton of gloss.

We don't recommend using Ceramic Boost on glass though, so this is one area where H2O Guard has an added benefit.

Hope that helps :)

17 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

i was thinking of doing the same, dry with GG and add cermaic boost ,   i would think it would create a "stronger sealant" since there both stand alone sealant,   maybe ill do a test spot one day.  

Before you do, I recommend you read this, especially the latter part about layering. I think you'll find one or the other will be sufficient.

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

thanks for the tip !!

Sure thing.

I should point out most everyone on here has their own nuances and preferences. So feel free to experiment and come up with your own process to get the results you're after. Enjoy!