Photo
- - - - -

Foam Cannon and Gas Power Washer Connection ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 plind

plind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

I just purchased and have not received a Foam Cannon that I plan to use with my gas power washer rated @ 2.5 gpm and 2400 psi. My question is, can I attach the top male end of Foam Cannon bottle to the female quick connect hose end of the power washer or do I need something else. Thanks.

#2 BrianT

BrianT

Lovin Adam's

• Members
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:31 PM

It should mount right up! I didn't need anything to connect to my electric pressure washer.
68 Firebird 350 4spd matching numbers

WELCOME TO THE INSANITY.....uh, I mean help group.....uh, I mean detailers rehab.....uh, I mean Adam's Polishes.........

#3 pmichael2011

pmichael2011

Skilled Detailer

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:33 AM

You should be able to take out the existing nozzle and plug in the foam cannon.

#4 TexWalker

TexWalker

Skilled Detailer

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:18 AM

Unless you have some goofy pressure washer, the foam cannon should hook right up. Standard quick disconnects

#5 chops1sc

chops1sc

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for some Detail Spray today!

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

Are you talking about connecting it to the actual hose? You have to connect it to the gun assembly.

#6 Dan@Adams

Dan@Adams

I detail...a lot

• Administrators
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hi Paul, if your pressure washer has a brass quick connect at the end of the gun wand, then the foam cannon should connect up without issue. Do you have a picture of the pressure washer in question that you could show us?

• plind likes this

vb1cRcI.png
2016 Chevrolet SS LS3 daily driver | 2006 GTO LS2 show toy | 2002 Sonoma LS1 charity road rally truck

adamspolishes.com | Toll Free: 866.965.0400 | ​facebook.com/adamspolishes | instagram.com/adamspolishes

​Use the code SHINEON for 10% off your next order​

#7 plind

plind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

To clarify this topic hopefully a little better. At the end of the fermale quick connect hose end I have a gun / wand which has an ajustable tip>(can't attach anything to the tip). I want to remove that gun and wand altogether and connect the female quick connect to the male Foam Cannon directly...I appreciate your help and all those who replied but there seems to be a difference of opinion if I can.

#8 plind

plind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

Are you talking about connecting it to the actual hose? You have to connect it to the gun assembly.

Yes, I want to attach the Foam Cannon directly to hose end only. But you say I DO NEED A GUN TO ATTACH IT. Thanks for your help.

#9 plind

plind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hi Paul, if your pressure washer has a brass quick connect at the end of the gun wand, then the foam cannon should connect up without issue. Do you have a picture of the pressure washer in question that you could show us?

Thanks Dan but I do not have a picture but I see by what you said I do need a gun wand. 

#10 plind

plind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

Unless you have some goofy pressure washer, the foam cannon should hook right up. Standard quick disconnects

Thanks TexWalker, but some here have responded say I need a gun wand.

#11 TexWalker

TexWalker

Skilled Detailer

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

That is because you have a goofy pressure washer!!! Yes, you will need a gun. The quick disconnect is designed to be at the gun tip, not on the hose itself. 

#12 plind

plind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

That is because you have a goofy pressure washer!!! Yes, you will need a gun. The quick disconnect is designed to be at the gun tip, not on the hose itself. 

I got the pressure washer at Home Depot and found out it had two different wand tips that they sold (Home Depot choose the goofy one) for their stores. I'm now looking to get just the wand with the female quick connect. Thanks for help Tex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users