Customer Service 866.965.0400

revive hand polish

enoch7fa

Question

ok revive is one of the most confusing products adam's polishes sells to me.  when do you use that stuff?  what good is it?  what does it do?  does it do any correcting?  i know i know i watched the videos and they are confusing. they all say this stuff is great but never what it does.  does it just make paint shine?  can you remover minor swirl marks and scratches with it? someone help me.  i read the forums people saying how great it is but for what!!!!!  

4 answers to this question

Revive will remove minor swirls and defects. It may take some time to get it to do so though. It works more as a chemical polish than a true abrasive one. We will typically use it to remove small scratches behind handles and places where we can’t get a polisher.  

Another big use for us is in cleaning up paint protection films. Working thenpolish by hand doesn’t generate the heat a machine does, so the risk of damaging a film is greatly reduced. We will also use it to try to improve the paint if the paint is really thin and not a good candidate for machine/abrasive polishing. 

One more use is people will use it to “clean” the paint of anything left over from the polishing process before applying a sealant or coating. We typically just use ceramic prep or another product to accomplish that. 

The revive will help to give your paint just a little more pop if it’s not in bad shape to begin with. 

Revive is a cleaner polish as opposed to an abrasive polish.  When your paint does not need correction but you want to shine it up, its a great option.  It will also remove any wax or sealant that is on the finish.  You can use it with a polishing pad on a machine for very light correction however it will not be the revive that cuts but the pad itself that generates the correcting ability

As others state above, it's meant to clean the (pores of) the paint and add extra depth/gloss. While it offers little to no correcting power, it will correct really light swirls in the clear (this is where the added clarity in the paint comes from). Use it either with the blue hex grip applicator by hand or the white foam pad on a polisher. Apply it after clay, before PS

Here's another good thread on it:

Adam also demos it here if you haven't seen this one yet:

Hope that helps!