Customer Service 866.965.0400

swirl mark removal

345_Daytona

Question

I just recently bought a 2018 Charger Daytona and I want this paint to really shine. It has swirl marks all over it and its annoying not having them out. I'm new to Adam's Polishes and new to the whole detailing stuff. I bought a couple things to wash my car and clean the interior so far. What is the best way to take out the swirl marks WITHOUT buying the swirl killer as I don't have the money to buy it. Will buying a clay bar kit, and some paint correcting and reviving hand polish and then adding a coat of buttery wax or paint sealant take most of it out? This is my daily driver and any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

12 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, 345_Daytona said:

I just recently bought a 2018 Charger Daytona and I want this paint to really shine. It has swirl marks all over it and its annoying not having them out. I'm new to Adam's Polishes and new to the whole detailing stuff. I bought a couple things to wash my car and clean the interior so far. What is the best way to take out the swirl marks WITHOUT buying the swirl killer as I don't have the money to buy it. Will buying a clay bar kit, and some paint correcting and reviving hand polish and then adding a coat of buttery wax or paint sealant take most of it out? This is my daily driver and any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

You can try to hand polish, but quite honestly if you don't want to spend the money to be able to correct the paint yourself you might consider reaching out to a local detailer and seeing what they'd charge.  A new car shouldn't take huge time to correct out.  For us to do a full interior/exterior on a job like that you'd be looking a few hundred dollars or so.  But it would be done and protected.

2 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

You can try to hand polish, but quite honestly if you don't want to spend the money to be able to correct the paint yourself you might consider reaching out to a local detailer and seeing what they'd charge.  A new car shouldn't take huge time to correct out.  For us to do a full interior/exterior on a job like that you'd be looking a few hundred dollars or so.  But it would be done and protected.

That was my next option if I couldn't find any solutions. I will call a few places around me to get quotes for a full detail, then it will be easier for me to detail it after

12 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Yup, for sure it'll be easier to maintain.  You can correct by hand, but it won't be as even and will take considerable time without the proper tools.  Sometimes it pays to spend a few dollars and get what you want; services or product.

So would it be better if i waited to get buttery wax and paint sealant and get the swirls out first then apply the wax and sealant?

Doesn't really matter if you're going to have someone do a correction on it.  We strip all existing waxes and sealants off before we even begin so that we start with a clean slate.  Then repair the finish before protecting it. 

So seal or wax away to protect it for now.

Edited by shane@detailedreflections

3 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Doesn't really matter if you're going to have someone do a correction on it.  We strip all existing waxes and sealants off before we even big so that we start with a clean slate.  Then repair the finish before protecting it. 

So seal or wax away to protect it for now.

okay gotcha! thanks for the info!

Sorry to hear the new daytona came with the Factory installed Swirl package. Shane is right thou, if you want a quick ROI a local shop may be the best option. I will say hand polishing is not impossible and some here still swear by it, but it will take you some time. 

37 minutes ago, pirahnah3 said:

Sorry to hear the new daytona came with the Factory installed Swirl package. Shane is right thou, if you want a quick ROI a local shop may be the best option. I will say hand polishing is not impossible and some here still swear by it, but it will take you some time. 

Yeah it sucks, but yes I'm gonna check into a few local shops and check out prices!

17 minutes ago, 345_Daytona said:

Yeah it sucks, but yes I'm gonna check into a few local shops and check out prices!

Once you get her there its much easier to maintain it by hand. Sometimes a machine is just needed thou. That color will really look great when you have it all shined up. 

First off, Welcome Ryan! 

Where are you located?  There may be an Adam's forum member in your area that would be willing to help you remove the unwanted DISO (Dealer Installed Swirl Option).