Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic spray on wheels

rrmccabe

Question

My 2017 High Country is getting some pitting on the wheels. Before winter rolled around I gave them a good polish with Adams metal polish and then a coat of Adams paint sealant and I have crud showing up again.

The good news is GM is going to replace them as the truck only has 17k miles on it.  I doubt think the paint sealant holds up in Iowa winters (no surprise) so wondering if the ceramic spray would do a good job on the new wheels?  Not sure I want to do a full on ceramic coat

20190228_112037.jpg

6 answers to this question

Some of that stuff creeps around from the back of the wheel where it is not chrome plated well.  I really don't to take the wheels off this thing on a regular basis but going to try to wet around to the back with ceramic if I do.

I have ceramic spray on the shelf to use if this is a recommended process.

Can blame this on the crap they spray on the roads around here during the winter.

Ceramic Spray works well on wheels for sure. I've done both the actual wheel coating and spray. The standard coating holds on way longer, best thing I've done as far as making maintenance washes easier. For reference, I drive in Ohio/Indiana/Michigan Winters and it's held up phenomenally.

1 hour ago, ObsessedDetailer said:

The ceramic spray works for all surfaces! I think you should take the wheels off the car and spray the coating into a towel and apply it evenly and thoroughly. they should be coated evenly after that!

Yea probably not a bad idea.  Maybe a couple times a year would be wise to remove them. Use wheel cleaner and maybe a steel wool or something on the backside and do the entire wheel.