Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trim restorer prior to CC

makaman

Question

I plan on doing the ceramic coating this week when this rain stops.  I was wondering if i should do my trim restorer first or after?  I know cleaning tires and trim prior to the wash but im curious about the trim restorer and the waiting time prior to getting it wet with a wash, paint correction, etc...

thanks,

😎

7 answers to this question

Trim restorer before the ceramic trim coating 

Here is what I did about a month and a half ago, I also did tire armor for the first time as well. 

Cleaned wheels, wheel wells

Scrubbed tires 4-5 times with T&RC until foaming turned white

Scrubbed all trim to be restored (T&RC until the foaming was white)

2 bucket washed the truck

Dried the truck and trim

Used air to blow water out from around trim and tires

Applied Tire Armor

Applied Trim Restorer

Allowed to cure for about 6 hours

Applied ceramic trim coating

Allowed to cure for 24 hours

Enjoyed the results. 

18 hours ago, Firebuff17 said:

Trim restorer before the ceramic trim coating 

Here is what I did about a month and a half ago, I also did tire armor for the first time as well. 

Cleaned wheels, wheel wells

Scrubbed tires 4-5 times with T&RC until foaming turned white

Scrubbed all trim to be restored (T&RC until the foaming was white)

2 bucket washed the truck

Dried the truck and trim

Used air to blow water out from around trim and tires

Applied Tire Armor

Applied Trim Restorer

Allowed to cure for about 6 hours

Applied ceramic trim coating

Allowed to cure for 24 hours

Enjoyed the results. 

cool man.  Yeah im not doing the Trim CC, im doing a paint CC.  yeah ive got a similar plan but im actually gonna pull the wheels off and knock out the trim, then the next day take care of the wash, polish and possibly start the CC. 

2 hours ago, makaman said:

cool man.  Yeah im not doing the Trim CC, im doing a paint CC.  yeah ive got a similar plan but im actually gonna pull the wheels off and knock out the trim, then the next day take care of the wash, polish and possibly start the CC. 

Paint Ceramic Coating will work fine on all hard plastic trim, but isn't recommended for rubber trim. Also, if this is your first time, give yourself more time than you think. Maybe move the wash up a day. You'll be wiped out by the end of the day/weekend, so have an adult beverage at the ready (assuming over 21!).

thank you sir.  i wasnt going to put the paint CC on the trim.  I was just asking if i should do the trim restoration prior to the paint CC.  It's only the first time ill be playing with the CC but ive been playing around with this detailing stuff for about 5 years.  Yes you are right it is tiring, just did the wifes suv last weekend, took about 9 hours.  My f350 used to take me about 15hrs where id start on a friday afternoon and finish on a sunday morning.   The biggest difference were the wheels, i had american forces and used to polish them with Zepher's Polish which utilized the wheels and chalk.  Good times but i dont miss doing that beast.  I've already started doing the little things knowing tomorrow morning im calling in sick and will knock out the paint correction.  So basically 1) interior done 2) engine bay done 3) wheels/trim done 4) wash, decontamination (iron and clay) done 5) paint correction - tomorrow morning 6) paint CC 7) wheel dressing and clean the exterior windows.  

You have a full weekend ahead. Honestly, I recommend you coat the plastic trim while you're at it. It will make it look great and be super easy to clean, and lock in the trim restorer color, too. Just apply evenly and move on (no need to wipe down). You'll be glad you did.