Customer Service 866.965.0400

Going Racing with Adams Polishes

shiny ride

You may have seen my testimonial for using Adams with the 1969 Firebird my son and I built.  We still have the car and to this day maintain it to show car level.

Today I want to also tell you about using Adams polishes in racing.  Here in Northern California we participate in NASA, Trackmasters and Checkered Flag Racing events primarily at Sonoma Raceway, Laguna Seca and Thunderhill.  The track is a very tough environment.  Because of that we paint our cars at Maaco, and use their single stage paint.  Cheap...yes.  As far as quality, we have been very pleased.  We get tons of compliments about how good the car looks.  But I do have a secret.....Adams polishes and paint sealant. 

This 1987 BMW was painted Seafoam green October 2018 at Maaco.  Last weekend we took it out for the first time at Thunderhill in Willows CA.  After 10 sessions, 3.5 hours track time it passed the shakedown test.  And boy, it needed a bath, polish and wax.  Just finished that today, check out the results.  Next up.....Laguna Seca

Adams polished SE30.jpg

Adams products.jpg

Thunderhill 27.jpg

Thunderhill 28.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is, the corkscrew at Laguna Seca...Arguably one of the hardest turns in motorsport racing.  How steep is it?

By the time a race car reaches the apex of Turn 8A (the righthander), the elevation is at its steepest – an 18 percent drop. The Corkscrew drops 59 feet between the entrance of Turn 8 to the exit of Turn 8A—the equivalent of a 5½ story drop—in only450 feet of track length.

Expert Group - 130pm (Corkscrew) - BW1_4382_Apr2519_CaliPhoto.jpg

Expert Group - 130pm (Corkscrew) - BW1_4488_Apr2519_CaliPhoto.jpg