Customer Service 866.965.0400

NEED HELP

Hi Everyone...

So Just to give a little background I'm new to the detailing world, i have never detail a car in my life sad to say that,  but is true.

So i think I'm going to need a lot of help from you guys please. ( If that's ok with you guys)

On friday i bought a mystery package from amazon and i got a 12mm polisher i was hoping to get a 15mm or am i better off with the 12mm

i don't know, that is my first question..

thanks for helping me guys more questions coming soon TRUST ME!!!!

Welcome, Luis!

We all started somewhere, and the fact you've found this forum is a great start in the right direction. The 12mm is awesome, but for a whole car, it's likely not the optimal solution. Here are two articles I highly recommend you take a few minutes to read.

Guys last question of the night, so tomorrow will be my 1st detail ever I’m planning  on using the h2o then the heavy correcting compound ,then the correcting polish, and then the finishing polish is that the correct Order to do it?

Do you mean H2O Guard and Gloss? If so, don't use it first. That's a last step kind of thing. 

For polish, the general rule is start least aggressive first. Tape off a 2x2 section (hood works well and use regular painters tape with no locking edges) and try the FP with white pad. If that gets you where you want, use that the rest of the way, maybe some spots need a bit more. If not, step up to the Orange CP and orange foam pad and try again. And so on. If you do use the HCC be prepared to do a once over with FP and white pad at the end to remove the likely haze you'll have. Don't forget before/after pics!

Edited by falcaineer

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 9:58 PM, falcaineer said:

Do you mean H2O Guard and Gloss? If so, don't use it first. That's a last step kind of thing. 

For polish, the general rule is start least aggressive first. Tape off a 2x2 section (hood works well and use regular painters tape with no locking edges) and try the FP with white pad. If that gets you where you want, use that the rest of the way, maybe some spots need a bit more. If not, step up to the Orange CP and orange foam pad and try again. And so on. If you do use the HCC be prepared to do a once over with FP and white pad at the end to remove the likely haze you'll have. Don't forget before/after pics!

im doing a detail also. i had poorly maintained paint with heavy swirls. I started with the Heavy Compound Polish, i did the whole car and am on the correcting polish stage now. I still see crazy amounts of haze all over the car. So i used the correcting polish, and then went over it with the finishing polish to see if the haze would be gone, but its still there. Any recommendations to what im doing wrong??

Thanks

14 hours ago, Klutch said:

im doing a detail also. i had poorly maintained paint with heavy swirls. I started with the Heavy Compound Polish, i did the whole car and am on the correcting polish stage now. I still see crazy amounts of haze all over the car. So i used the correcting polish, and then went over it with the finishing polish to see if the haze would be gone, but its still there. Any recommendations to what im doing wrong??

Thanks

Hi Klutch, welcome to the forum. Do you have any pictures? that may help some of us understand what the hazing looks like and what might be causing it.

Also, you should start a thread and introduce yourself so you can be welcomed properly by the rest of the community. We love seeing pictures on here!