Customer Service 866.965.0400

$90 Detail

TR6speed

Question

A few days back on the Corvette Forum in the C6 section a member posted that he was taking his Corvette for a detail.  He was told about this detail shop so he contacted the owner to find out what it cost and what he would be doing.  Well the total cost was $90 and that included wash, clay bar polish with a rotary buffer hand wax and the interior.  Almost every response was it cannot not be done for that price, it will not be what you expect, how can he make money, most likely he will us a filler polish to hide the swirls and fins scratches, what out for buffer burns and so on.  The OP is suppose to pick the car up around noon and he said no matter what he will do a follow-up.   I just finished a detail on my C6 Corvette and it took almost 5 days.  Now granted that also included the engine bay and I pulled the wheels to clean the wheel wells and aluminum suspension, but still I spent almost 3 full days on the body and interior. 

I have never had anyone touch my car, but I know it would cost a lot more then $90 at least in my area.

3 answers to this question

Maybe it's a new detail shop?  It's very common to have ridiculously low prices when first starting a detail business, just to get customers in the door and get a customer base started.  I hope this is the situation, otherwise this may get interesting.  

One of my favorite quotes: "I don't do $100 details, I fix them".  :) 

6 hours ago, Hamilton Detail said:

Maybe it's a new detail shop?  It's very common to have ridiculously low prices when first starting a detail business, just to get customers in the door and get a customer base started.  I hope this is the situation, otherwise this may get interesting.  

One of my favorite quotes: "I don't do $100 details, I fix them".  :) 

That's a good point about it maybe being new. I did the same thing.