Customer Service 866.965.0400

How can I fix this? Paint transfer scratches

thatryan

Question

Hi all, have not been here in a while hope everyone is well!

i have a couple oopsies on my truck, I knocked a drive through curb and got red stuck in my wheel scratch. And I dropped a white bed post across bed of truck leaving paint scratch in a couple places. 

Any idea ma on how to remove or clean up these without a power buffer or anything? I have a drill if maybe that backing plate thing would work. 

Thank you

7A17151A-DADE-4EBF-B6C9-ED771B26FC7A.jpeg

5F55E305-CA7B-4EDA-8543-423A37EC40DA.jpeg

EBD5E255-A314-4169-AEF8-6906E3EED037.jpeg

8 answers to this question

Good of have you back!

Yikes. If you can catch a fingernail, you're probably looking at more aggressive steps necessary to remove them than polish or even compound. Potentially it could mean wetsanding. The drill plate would offer an aggressive step and if could work, but I don't have experience with it. But if it's just paint transfer, try some Revive Hand Polish and/or clay. 

Be worth it to try this first you think?

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/exterior-polishing-liquids/products/adam-s-revive-fine-hand-car-polish

That is used with blue hand applicator right? 

What is an easy to apply protectant for after that though? I cannot do the whole car nor am strong enough in arms to wax a lot..

Hey @thatryan, welcome back!

I think you can remove the rubs on the paint with clay and Revive.  To me they look like just paint transfer, and not scratches in clear coat.  The wheel may be a DIY job, but I am not familiar with fixing them.

Edited by mc2hill