Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interesting Boost Experience. 2.0.1????

galaxy

Question

Is there a Boost 2.0.1, or some other mid cycle production change??  Reference the pic below. The brighter colored Boost on the left is 2.0. The other one on the right is also supposedly 2.0. Color difference is apparent.  When I got out the new bottle today (the one on the right), the color difference was immediate.  But also, it IS different.  It’s extremely watered down. It’s not near as thick and creamy as the bottle on the left is. It’s very apparent when you use it. 

Also with Boost, you can usually see your work. For example. I did half a black, gelcoat wing on the trunk with the bottle on the left and the line between boosted and not was very very apparent. No question where you had gone over and where you hadn’t. I repeated that with the new bottle and it did not perform in like manner. 

Am I smokin crack or anything here. What am I missing? 

I thought the bottle on the left might be Boost 1.0, but I confirmed it’s not and I bought it after the changeover anyways.  

What do you guys think??

B433BF9C-9E2A-44EC-817E-2D7776C74C35.jpeg

5 answers to this question

Someone at Adam's should be able to confirm. Back in August when the New CSC was released I had just received a bottle of CSC and asked how to tell the difference. Charles asked for the Lot Number. Once I provided that number he was able to confirm I in deed had the New CSC. So I would reach out to Adam's and provide the Lot Numbers (the bottle on the left has it showing) and see what they say.

I've encountered minor color variations in several products over the years I've used Adam's chemicals. Such things are more common if/when the chemicals undergo large temperature transitions, as they might during shipment, if they're stored in a garage, etc. In my experience, such variations usually don't signal a product update, unless separately announced.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:33 PM, galaxy said:

I forgot.  I think a color comparison back when I did have a bottle of 1.0 around; and it’s not old enough to be 1.0. 

A quick, easy way to tell is if the instructions say it's safe (2.0) or not (1.0) on glass. As @Norton said, color variations can happen for a variety of reasons, to also include when the chemicals are formulated in batches.