Customer Service 866.965.0400

TST Teflon Protectant

bsimpson145

Question

I purchased a GMC Yukon and the dealer said that there will be a TST 5000 teflon protectant applied to the paint. http://www.tst5k.com/index.html Does anyone know anything about this product/process? They said that I won't have to wax the vehicle but if I do, the wax will be very hard to remove. I don't know much about this TST stuff other than what's on their website. I can still probably cancel the TST application and tell them just to buff/polish the Yukon. What does anyone think?

Thanks,

Brad

12 answers to this question

Ya but I've never seen a clear bra I couldent tell was there withen like 10 seconds in person so screw them. I'll just spent the grand they cost around here to repaint my front clip 2-3 times in the time I own the car.

Sounds like you see the stereo shop install. My cars have the clear bra installed by a professional. You will not, and cannot tell they are there until you run your fingernail along the paint looking for them.

I agree with all the above, The money you will spend on that bogus prtectant would be better spent on a PC7424XP and do ot your self. You will be much more careful on your new car than the $8.00/HR detail kid the dealer has.

You pretty much got scammed, so if there is anyway you can cancel now I would do it.

Let me guess... they charged you $500 for it?? Or did they "give" you the treatment in lieu of coming down on the price??

Its a widely publicized fact that these so called "paint protection treatments" that last forever are just any easy way for a dealer to pry more money from you wallet. I can't even count how many of these 'treated cars' I've detailed over the years where the owner was told they never had to wax or care for their paint and they learned the hard way that wasn't true when I had to charge them hundreds to correct the damage.

What they'll be applying is no different that a sealant you can buy for a fraction of the price and appy yourself (Machine Superwax for example). Additionally the promise you'll "NEVER HAVE TO WAX YOUR CAR" is an outright lie. If you read the fine print there is a maintenence clause in the deal, you are required to bring the vehicle back in at a certain interval so they can reapply the sealant (sometimes they charge you each time you do) if you fail to do so the warranty is void on the paint protection and you're left with nothing more than fading paint and a lighter wallet.

You pretty much got scammed, so if there is anyway you can cancel now I would do it.

Let me guess... they charged you $500 for it?? Or did they "give" you the treatment in lieu of coming down on the price??

Its a widely publicized fact that these so called "paint protection treatments" that last forever are just any easy way for a dealer to pry more money from you wallet. I can't even count how many of these 'treated cars' I've detailed over the years where the owner was told they never had to wax or care for their paint and they learned the hard way that wasn't true when I had to charge them hundreds to correct the damage.

What they'll be applying is no different that a sealant you can buy for a fraction of the price and appy yourself (Machine Superwax for example). Additionally the promise you'll "NEVER HAVE TO WAX YOUR CAR" is an outright lie. If you read the fine print there is a maintenence clause in the deal, you are required to bring the vehicle back in at a certain interval so they can reapply the sealant (sometimes they charge you each time you do) if you fail to do so the warranty is void on the paint protection and you're left with nothing more than fading paint and a lighter wallet.

:iagree:Dealers will get you any way the can

Archived