Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dirtymax no more

LDM

A couple months ago my brother bought a new to him 2001 Chevy 2500HD that he has affectionately called the "Dirtymax" lately. He's washed it a few times but now that the weather is finally starting to get nicer, today I helped him give it a "proper" wash. I think he used to believe I was crazy for spending all that I do on Adam's, but after seeing first hand the magic of stuff like SVRT, I&O Spray, and Undercarriage Spray, I don't think he'll go back to using anything else. Now if he'll just start buying his own chemicals… :D

Here are some before pics:

P3200005.jpg

P3200006.jpg

P3200007.jpg

P3200008.jpg

P3200010.jpg

P3200011.jpg

During:

P3200015.jpg

And now the results. The wheels still need to be polished A LOT :help: and the whole truck needs to be clayed and polished, but that is for another day. Hopefully once my Flex arrives this week we'll be able to tag-team it with a Flex/PC combo. In the meantime we gave it a quick coat of Americana for protection. I have no idea when the last time this truck was waxed.

P3200020.jpg

P3200021.jpg

P3200019.jpg

P3200022.jpg

P3200024.jpg

P3200025.jpg

After we finished we drove down by the beach to snap some pics:

P3200030.jpg

DMAX-G8096.jpg

DMAX-G8136.jpg

DMAX-G8100.jpg

Finally a few with my Pontiac in there too:

DMAX-G8101.jpg

DMAX-G8111.jpg

DMAX-G8122.jpg

DMAX-G8116.jpg

The truck really was a night and day difference afterwards but what I think what impressed my brother the most was the way the trim turned out. I gave him an extra block and bottle of SVRT and let him go to town while I was attacking under the hood, and halfway through he stops and says, "Wow! Look at that difference." I think his Facebook status from last night shows how he feels about everything: "spent the day detailing the no longer Dirtymax with the help of Len and what a difference, thought the truck was clean before, now she is beautiful. Adam's Polishes are the best car cleaning/detailing products out there." I can't wait to see how the truck will look when we take the polisher to it.

Lookin good! - and after you clay and then give it some polishing, the finish will be more smooth and clear, and the metallic will really pop. I guess the wheels might see some Metal polish #1 & #2 -and if those are chrome bumpers, you could also give them a little bit of love with the Metal Polish#2 for extra shine, then hit them with BG - and put on your shades. :glasses:

Nice job, and a great looking truck- the best is yet to come-

Lookin good! - and after you clay and then give it some polishing, the finish will be more smooth and clear, and the metallic will really pop. I guess the wheels might see some Metal polish #1 & #2 -and if those are chrome bumpers, you could also give them a little bit of love with the Metal Polish#2 for extra shine, then hit them with BG - and put on your shades. :glasses:

Nice job, and a great looking truck- the best is yet to come-

The wheels will probably need something a little more than just Metal Polish #1 & #2, but we'll give it our best shot. Waiting for a day where we can put the truck on jack stands and polish them off the truck.

Archived