Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wake up your Adams Wash Mitt!!

BigDogK-9

Question

OK Guys, I don’t know if this has been posted in the past or not, but I found away to revitalize the Adams Wash Mitt! After using let completely dry then brush the nape out on the mitt. I used an old round hair brush with a soft bristle and small ball on the end. The brush may have pulled a cotton ball size of nap out in the process!!

Picture of the Brush:

post-4396-136818046594_thumb.jpg

Picture before:

post-4396-136818046572_thumb.jpg

Picture After:

post-4396-136818046582_thumb.jpg

Top has been brushed, bottom has not, Mitt was used about three times before brushing out:

post-4396-136818046588_thumb.jpg

It's like NEW AGAIN GUY'S, give it a try, may help extened the life of the MITT!! :thumbsup:

Dylan, I take it you work right at Adams???, if this is correct way don't you guys check out this idea and see what happens right at your shop. If all works well you guys may be able to design a bursh just for this purpose. Just an idea, at least it would have been tested at your shop.

In the mean time keep the information coming!!!!

I do, but I prefer to get real world feedback whenever I can... right now my personal wash pads and the ones we use for demo are still like new (no dreads about 4-5 uses in) Look forward to hearing about how this works for you going forward.

I do, but I prefer to get real world feedback whenever I can... right now my personal wash pads and the ones we use for demo are still like new (no dreads about 4-5 uses in) Look forward to hearing about how this works for you going forward.

OK Dylan, I can understand where you are coming from, I will keep you posted on my mitt's and I hope the rest of the Adams Family will feed in there results as well!

I think that one observation is to keep up with the mitt as far as brushing it out, not to wait until its so matted that you can't get a brush through. Once it get's to the severely matted point, your going to be pulling your own hair out trying to bring the mitt back.

Thanks My Friend!!

You bought this stuff two weeks ago! You are a cleaning machine!

Great idea! They are really durable pads, but they do mat up after a few uses. i used to rub mine on the Grit Guard, but will definitely try your technique. You have to come up with a name for your technique so when the Junkman uses it in his videos, he references you.

I have my original pad and it's shot. I use it for fender wells. I'll have to try this and see if it brings it back to life. That thing is as bad as it gets and if any pad is gonna shed, it'll be this one.

Good job Dan!

You bought this stuff two weeks ago! You are a cleaning machine!

Great idea! They are really durable pads, but they do mat up after a few uses. i used to rub mine on the Grit Guard, but will definitely try your technique. You have to come up with a name for your technique so when the Junkman uses it in his videos, he references you.

I have my original pad and it's shot. I use it for fender wells. I'll have to try this and see if it brings it back to life. That thing is as bad as it gets and if any pad is gonna shed, it'll be this one.

Good job Dan!

Eric My Friend, how have you been?? Great to hear from you, I will have to think up a name for the pad refurb!! :banana: How about the DA Mitt Refurb!! LOL!! :lol: Eric, let me know how the DA Mitt Refurb works on your old mitt!! With the round brush you will have to roll and tease the fibers up as you brush. Small hint to success brushing out the fibers!!

I think you should hold a contest to name your technique.

Also, make a video to show the proper technique.

The name contest sounds cool! I don't know about the video, never been one to be on camera!! :lolsmack: Let me know if it works on your old mitt before I get to deep!! :xfingers:

I went and bought a new brush as shown. I sport a high n' tight almost a mohawk. The girl at CVS asked if she could help me.... told her what I was looking for... she asked if the brush was for me.... no its to brush out my Adams car wash mitt. The look on her face... well .... priceless.

I went and bought a new brush as shown. I sport a high n' tight almost a mohawk. The girl at CVS asked if she could help me.... told her what I was looking for... she asked if the brush was for me.... no its to brush out my Adams car wash mitt. The look on her face... well .... priceless.

:lol: Hey Terry, good for you!!! Let me know how you make out with it!! As you brush roll and tease the fibers up. Great story!! :thumbsup:

I tried it and worked like a charm.

Hold the mitt .....protectively . Start brushing it out saying "my preciousssssss" and see how many looks ya get!!!

Ha ha ha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure who has the funnier comment this week. THAT or C6Bill from another thread!

Hold the mitt .....protectively . Start brushing it out saying "my preciousssssss" and see how many looks ya get!!!

Ha ha ha

Then give it a name and start taking it for walks and you'll get even stranger looks :willy::willy::willy::willy:

Ha ha ha

That's Great!! Glad it worked out for you!! I brush mine out after every use. My Precioussssss, AWESOME!!!! :cheers:

I actually just did this with a brush similar to the one you used. I have a fiancé who is a hair dresser and a daughter so I have some brushes laying around haha. I brushed it first with a brush like that going in every direction across the pad. Then I also have a metal comb brush I bought for my dogs and never used. I then used that working the pad the same way. All I can say is wow. The pad is almost like new again. Also with using the metal comb I was able to get stuff I normally I would have to pick out.

Thanks big dog for starting this thread it's an awesome idea.

I actually just did this with a brush similar to the one you used. I have a fiancé who is a hair dresser and a daughter so I have some brushes laying around haha. I brushed it first with a brush like that going in every direction across the pad. Then I also have a metal comb brush I bought for my dogs and never used. I then used that working the pad the same way. All I can say is wow. The pad is almost like new again. Also with using the metal comb I was able to get stuff I normally I would have to pick out.

Thanks big dog for starting this thread it's an awesome idea.

Joe,

AWESOME DUDE!! Glad to hear it worked out for you!!!

:cheers:

Archived