Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wake up your Adams Wash Mitt!!

BigDogK-9

Question

OK Guys, I don’t know if this has been posted in the past or not, but I found away to revitalize the Adams Wash Mitt! After using let completely dry then brush the nape out on the mitt. I used an old round hair brush with a soft bristle and small ball on the end. The brush may have pulled a cotton ball size of nap out in the process!!

Picture of the Brush:

post-4396-136818046594_thumb.jpg

Picture before:

post-4396-136818046572_thumb.jpg

Picture After:

post-4396-136818046582_thumb.jpg

Top has been brushed, bottom has not, Mitt was used about three times before brushing out:

post-4396-136818046588_thumb.jpg

It's like NEW AGAIN GUY'S, give it a try, may help extened the life of the MITT!! :thumbsup:

Please post pics of your paint directly after your next wash with your newly awaken wash pad. I am curious to see if the brush does anything microscopically to the pad that may induce microscratching. Not saying it will or won't but I want to see defined results before I try it on my paint!!

Well with the mitt brushed out it is softer then with it all matted up so I can't see where it will effect my paint at all. As far as the mitt shedding, the nap in the mitt is very tight and it was burshed out carefully. All lambs wool buffing pads on buffer's they use steal spurs to bring it back to life, much harsher then hand brushing. They don't shead or effect the paint. I will keep you posted but I would say everything will be fine. It's just common sense!!

Well with the mitt brushed out it is softer then with it all matted up so I can't see where it will effect my paint at all. As far as the mitt shedding, the nap in the mitt is very tight and it was burshed out carefully. All lambs wool buffing pads on buffer's they use steal spurs to bring it back to life, much harsher then hand brushing. They don't shead or effect the paint. I will keep you posted but I would say everything will be fine. It's just common sense!!

Agreed on the common sense but I'm curious if there will be any shedding too. I'm thinking you've come up with a GREAT idea but lets put it to the test to confirm :thumbsup:

Ok, let's get some feed back!! Anyone having shedding please post!!! I checked the mitt this mornig after seeing the postings of shedding questions, grabbed the nap and tryed to pull the fibers out and nothing, fibers intack!! Now if making the mitt wet and using car soap makes the fibers fall out, it remains to be seen.

Keep the information coming!!!!

Not a bad idea... keep us posted on shedding issues... if there are any I'd suspect they'd be minimal. Good post! :cheers:

Dylan, I take it you work right at Adams???, if this is correct why don't you guys check out this idea and see what happens right at your shop. If all works well you guys may be able to design a bursh just for this purpose. Just an idea, at least it would have been tested at your shop.

In the mean time keep the information coming!!!!

Archived