Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish Application Tip

Baron_Von_Awesome

Question

It's just one product now. However, I found the manner in which you use it still makes it two products: shake lightly and use a fair bit of pressure with a foam applicator or 0000 steel wool for clearing up oxidation and light rust. For more luster & shine, shake vigorously and apply/buff off gently with a microfiber.

18 answers to this question

For years I had been working my tail off when it came to polishing my fireplace glass & brass doors. :help:

I've used Brasso, Ibiz metal cleaner cotton, Semichrome, think I tried it all.

The tarnish from the heat and just plain old oxidation would leave the brass very dark and tranished looking and the smoke and soot on the glass had to be cleaned off with a razor blade and fireplace glass cleaner. It would take me hours.

Well today I used Adam's green wheel cleaner on the glass to remove the soot and it just about wiped right off, followed up with Adam's glass cleaner.

The #1 metal polish removed the tarnish with hardly any effort.

Like I said I've been experimenting doing this "house chore" for 21 years now, at least (3-4 times a year) and it has never come out this good or been this easy to do.

So for all of you that have a fireplace with the a glass & brass door enclosure that you use regularly......go to it, it's a chore no more!

Thanks Adam for great products! :cheers:

Well today I used Adam's green wheel cleaner on the glass to remove the soot and it just about wiped right off

Spray the green wheel cleaner on a rag then dip the rag in some of the ashes in the fireplace and the soot will come right off the glass :rockon:

Along the same lines here. This is the brass kick plate thats been on our front door for 13 years. The first spot is Adams Metal Polish #1. Followed by a product called Magic Lube, Blue Magic, Mothers Chrome Polish, Mothers Power Metal Polish, and Mothers Billet Metal Polish. The picture doesn't do the work justice, as you can see yourself in the area shined by Adams and Blue Magic.

Kickplate.jpg

Adams was the easiest to use followed by the Blue Magic. I spent less than 2 minutes on each spot. Except for the Adams, because I started cleaning, cleaned some more then decided to do a test.

I do like Al's idea of using the GWC first, and I'm going to try it on the kick plate.

I also used the Adams Metal Polish #1 on our door knocker. Made it look brand new.

Is that the new version of adam's metal polish or the actual #1 metal polish? That is still amazing at how much the Adam's did compared to the others.

I would personally like to see the #1 and #2's brought back. I have some metals where I need a bit more bite and some that are pretty fine.

Is that the new version of adam's metal polish or the actual #1 metal polish? That is still amazing at how much the Adam's did compared to the others.

I would personally like to see the #1 and #2's brought back. I have some metals where I need a bit more bite and some that are pretty fine.

It's a free sample bottle that says Metal Polish #1. I'm thinking I read somewhere that this polish replaces both the number 1 and 2. Seeing how easy it worked on a couple different projects, I'm going to be ordering some more. There is a lot of metal/chrome/stainless on that Thunderbird of mine.