Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polish / Haze Remover question

Blair1955

Question

11 answers to this question

How are Revive Fine Hand Polish and Swirl & Haze Remover different? Is one more abrasive than the other? I’m thinking before winter hits to clay, polish and wax my G8.

Nice car Blair!

In order of aggressiveness (from most to least):

1. Swirl and Haze Remover
  2. Fine Machine Polish (a combo of the other 2)
  3. Revive Hand Polish

Can or should you use the Revive with the PC? Is it necessary to use all 3, or what combination would yield the best results?

For most folks, SHR followed up with FMP is sufficient. There have been rumors (started by the Junkman, I believe!) that some with dark cars follow that up with Revive (machine applied). I have not tried this with my black truck, so I can't speak to what it adds (besides time).

Can or should you use the Revive with the PC? Is it necessary to use all 3, or what combination would yield the best results?

FMP was previously created taking shr and revive and mixing them. Some do think you can see a difference but honestly, I can't see enough difference using revive after fmp to warrant the extra work. Especially on a DD. Once I put BG and coats of wax/sealant on it, it doesn't matter. IMO unless it's a show car, skip the revive after fmp and go straight to your wax of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t watched the videos all the way thru and what I did watch was some time ago when I took my first delivery from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comP><P><FONT size=3 face=Arial alt=I want to detail my car(s) and get the best shine possible and of course protect the finish. I’ve never polished a car just waxed them so I’m a little apprehensive about using something that is too abrasive because I don’t want to mess up the paint or clear coat.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comP><P><FONT size=3 face=Arial alt=

mc2hill thanks for the commit on my G8 it’s the best car yet!

BTW before I forget I want to thank the people at Adam’s. When my last order arrived one of the spray nozzles was broken in the box. So I called and spoke to a rep that was on Wednesday on Friday it arrived! Wow that was quick now I can use the leather cleaner and the detail spray…thanks guys!

I haven’t watched the videos all the way thru and what I did watch was some time ago when I took my first delivery from <st1:place>Adams</st1:place>. But yea I’ll have sometime this weekend to do so.

I want to detail my car(s) and get the best shine possible and of course protect the finish. I’ve never polished a car just waxed them so I’m a little apprehensive about using something that is too abrasive because I don’t want to mess up the paint or clear coat.

<o:p></o:p>

mc2hill thanks for the commit on my G8 it’s the best car yet!

BTW before I forget I want to thank the people at Adam’s. When my last order arrived one of the spray nozzles was broken in the box. So I called and spoke to a rep that was on Wednesday on Friday it arrived! Wow that was quick now I can use the leather cleaner and the detail spray…thanks guys!

Actually if you watch the whole of the waxing/polish sections of the dvd you will hear adam say they are not really "abrasives".......

the reason ,however, that it is recommended to start with SHR (if you have swirls and scratches) then revive then the buttery wax is basicly each cleans up after the other......... just like with wet sanding were the 2500 grit is followed by 3000 grit ....the various polishes are followed behind each other to clean up the "micro-damage" caused by the others.

you will only really need to use SHR if you have swirl marks or scratches other wise i would skip it and go to the revive and buttery. Once you get more confident with polishes you will be well please at the results using a pc 7424 and the specifically made machine polishes/waxes.

to your original question of the difference between SHR and revive.....the SHR is strictly for correction of swirls and scratches... the revive polish is much like a wax , except that its a polish :lol:, I mean the revive will only enhance the finish and allows the wax to do its job better, not really correcting much. While the SHR will correct a lot of damage due to scratches and imperfections in the finish.

For most folks, SHR followed up with FMP is sufficient. There have been rumors (started by the Junkman, I believe!) that some with dark cars follow that up with Revive (machine applied). I have not tried this with my black truck, so I can't speak to what it adds (besides time).

Actually, what I said is that I follow FMP with Revive when working with dark, flat colored paints (not on metallic paints which are prevalent today).

... to your original question of the difference between SHR and revive.....the SHR is strictly for correction of swirls and scratches... the revive polish is much like a wax , except that its a polish :lol:, I mean the revive will only enhance the finish and allows the wax to do its job better, not really correcting much. While the SHR will correct a lot of damage due to scratches and imperfections in the finish.

Revive does not act as a wax as there is no protection offered by applying it.

Archived