Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do I have to wash the pads if?

CamaroSS

Question

If I am doing a paint correction for 4 mornings in a row, do I need to wash the pads each time or can I get a ways with 2 days in a row or at the end of all four? If so, how would you store them til the next day? Just curious...Thx Trying to save time as I am hoping my pads dry by morning!!:D

11 answers to this question

Now, the second I remove the pad from the DA I spray with all purpose cleaner and let soak. Once I am done polishing, I wash.It takes about 24 hrs to dry so it always nice to have spare pads around..at least 3 or 4 per polish in a two step.

If I am doing a paint correction for 4 mornings in a row, do I need to wash the pads each time or can I get a ways with 2 days in a row or at the end of all four? If so, how would you store them til the next day? Just curious...Thx Trying to save time as I am hoping my pads dry by morning!!:D

What I have done in the past:

I would spritz with DS lightly and put them in a ziploc bag. Too long and you'll have issues. I have a couple of sets of pads so that I can swap but sometimes it's not worth it when you're going to get up in the morning and start again. Just don't store them in a bag wet or for extended periods and you'll be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am only talking about over night and the idea is to keep them from drying out so they won't dust when using them.Then when your are done clean them with APC spin dry, lay up to finish drying.

Agreed!! Done it a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a little trick that works wonders for drying pads and towels too. After I wash my pads with APC, I wring them out. Then give them a spin on the PC(low speed). After that I put them in my basement next to a dehumidifier. It will dry the pad overnight. Last week I dried my wife's car with one drying towel and the thing was dripping wet. I wrang it out and put it next to a dehumidifier...it was completely dry in 3 hours!

Thanks for all the great info!! My pads did dry out pretty quickly in this TX heat. An extra set will always be nice, but will be nice to save time and use them a few days in a row between cleaning. Will definitely look into a dehumidifier.. Especially for everything I hang to dry. Thanks!

Archived