Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC on Fiber Glass Semi Hood

Kingsford

Question

I am going to be detailing a Fire Truck this weekend and I believe it has a Fiber Glass Hood, its a 2005 Freightliner.

Will it hurt to use the PC on Speed 5 on the hood and fenders?

Should I kick it down a speed or two or just not even worry about it. I dont want to melt the stuff, I've never really detailed it before but I have seen fiber glass melt at not too high of a temp.

:pc:

Results, with MSW!

PhotoOct0755811PM-1.jpg

PhotoOct0755820PM-1.jpg

PhotoOct0755829PM-1.jpg

PhotoOct0755838PM-1.jpg

PhotoOct0755846PM-1.jpg

12 answers to this question

Jason, Corvettes are all fiberglass. You won't have any problems with it.

Does your truck have gold leaf letters on the doors? I don't know how a PC and gold leaf play together. Maybe watch that area.

No its just decals. There might be some gold leaf trim around the door windows but i can just tape it off.

My Dakota has a Fiberglass hood ,use the PC on it all the time. You do not generate heat with the PC!:pc:

on speed 6 you can.. not sure if its enough to damage anything but it was too hot to touch for more than a second or two

I did it tonight and it worked great. Almost seemed easier than working with metal. Looks great too! I'd post pictures but it was pretty dark by the time I got done. Maybe tomorrow when I go to wipe it down again.

I think it was US Tanker. We just bought a new Engine from Alexis Fire Equipment.

Alexis is a customer of ours... If you see any welds (diamond tread) they're done with out products! :banana:

Looks great BTW!:drool:

Chris

Archived