Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carmex - Made in my hometown

1anonly

I'm not sure if a lot you know what Carmex is, or if it's Midwest thing. Anyway Carmex has been made in southeast Wisconsin since 1937. It started in the founder's basement and grew from there. In 1976 they moved their labs from Wauwatosa to Franklin, which is where I have lived pretty my whole live. Pretty cool to have a product like this made in my backyard.

http://www.mycarmex.com/

I used to use it all winter when I was younger. But it seemed over time my lips almost got "addicted" to the stuff. If I went a day or two without it my lips would be chapped worse than ever.

Love the stuff though and used to always carry a small can in my pocket.

I used to use it all winter when I was younger. But it seemed over time my lips almost got "addicted" to the stuff. If I went a day or two without it my lips would be chapped worse than ever.

I've heard that on more than one occasion... My buddy uses it ALL year. I never use a thing... :confused:

So I guess they are national. I went to high school with the great grandson of the founder. Needless to say his nickname was Carmex. I'm embarrassed to say that I have never used Carmex. I used to always use Chap-Stick, but lately I have been using Burt's Bees wax.....made in Durham, North Carolina.

So I guess they are national. I went to high school with the great grandson of the founder. Needless to say his nickname was Carmex. I'm embarrassed to say that I have never used Carmex. I used to always use Chap-Stick, but lately I have been using Burt's Bees wax.....made in Durham, North Carolina.

I like Burt's Bees and had been using it as well. That all changed when my wife found out she was deathly allergic to sunflower seeds. Some BB products have trace amounts of sunflower oil in them. Makes her lips swell up like Jolie's. So I stay away from it now as well.

Love Carmex!!! Used to go to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes annually for their last weekend being open, and would buy a can for the upcoming winter. I guess it would qualify as a tradition as it lasted for 10+ years. Learned the hard way once that if the can got "lost" in my console, the summer heat will melt that stuff and be VERY messy if you open it up. :lolsmack:

Archived