Customer Service 866.965.0400

WINTER WEATHER IS COMING - plan accordingly

Got the snows mounted and put on the Caddy, like Chewy, I went with a 17" wheel and a sidewall, the pot holes are pretty tough on the 20" and rubber band tires.

This is what I'm running;

Are those the new WS-70's? I have a half worn pair of the 60's in front and a new pair of 70's in back.

Let me know what you think... Handling SUCKS and they are POO in the wet, but on ice and snow they're amazing. I like your wheels. I should have gotten black... I went UBER cheap.

Chris

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got the snows mounted and put on the Caddy, like Chewy, I went with a 17" wheel and a sidewall, the pot holes are pretty tough on the 20" and rubber band tires.

This is what I'm running;

snewsnowboots005.jpg

Bluezey:pc:

Not a big fan of bridgestone, only lasted 30,000 miles on my car. Just picked up a set of Michelin Energy LX4. So far so good, have yet to see snow yet. Time will tell how they hold up! :cheers:

Not a big fan of bridgestone, only lasted 30,000 miles on my car. Just picked up a set of Michelin Energy LX4. So far so good, have yet to see snow yet. Time will tell how they hold up! :cheers:

You didn't have their snow tires is my guess... The WS series is one of the best out there for the money. Like any brand, they have their good and bad.

I've got a set of Hankooks that I like as well.

You didn't have their snow tires is my guess... The WS series is one of the best out there for the money. Like any brand, they have their good and bad.

I've got a set of Hankooks that I like as well.

Nope never had the snow tires, you make a good point. Every company has a good and a bad product :thumbsup:

Are those the new WS-70's? I have a half worn pair of the 60's in front and a new pair of 70's in back.

Let me know what you think... Handling SUCKS and they are POO in the wet, but on ice and snow they're amazing. I like your wheels. I should have gotten black... I went UBER cheap.

Chris

I got these last season, so they are the 60's.

Thanks, those wheels were about the cheapest that I could find, like a benjy apiece, the reason I went with gray is because of winter clean up:D

This is my first set of Bridgestones, so far so good, we had a set of Michelins XLT's, I think, on the Durango, and we had right at 100K when the Dodge got totaled, for like two wnters in a row the wife was asking we need new tires yet, man they wore like iron!:rockon:

Bluezey:pc:

Here's my future... We're in for some fun... :mad:

I'm going to get it too. I think I seen 1-3 inches here, but one site said we're going to get 1.38 inches. Really? 1.38 inches, I got to see this one. Even if we get 3 inches it's still better than what we have been getting for a first snow. Back to back years on December 1st we got hit with a foot of the wet and heavy snow.

Guest Gone & Forgotten
The real question is, should the products freeze and be thawed out, will they still work or are they for the garbage should that happen?

I'd rather not play with the potential outcome of that question and just bag em up in my Adam's bag and haul em 200 feet to my house. With temps hitting lows in the teens and low 20's first part of this coming week, I'm not risking $500 worth of product.

Bad thing is, my heater is jacked in the house til' Monday. It's hard to stop a Trane, but it takes a Locomotive of cash to fix one when it does stop.

I'd rather not play with the potential outcome of that question and just bag em up in my Adam's bag and haul em 200 feet to my house. With temps hitting lows in the teens and low 20's first part of this coming week, I'm not risking $500 worth of product.

Bad thing is, my heater is jacked in the house til' Monday. It's hard to stop a Trane, but it takes a Locomotive of cash to fix one when it does stop.

I was thinking of Adam's shipping products not for ones you already have.

I keep all my detailing products in the basement when I am not actually using them.

The real question is, should the products freeze and be thawed out, will they still work or are they for the garbage should that happen?

Depends on the product... only way to know is to thaw the product, shake it, and see if it remixes. Its will be visually very obvious when a product is "bad".

So I ordered the SSR with green PC pad and the two pack of green focus pads last week and just thought about it again 30 minutes ago. I checked my tracking and it's been on my front porch since 9am today. Had the wife grab it and check it out. She says it's not frozen but it's VERY thick.

First thing she did... Smell it! lol She likens it to gum.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the heads up. I've been worried about my last two orders (gallon refils, metal polish, glass sealant, leather conditioner etc)..but as luck would have it both orders and all contents arrived here in upstate NY over the last couple days in perfect shape!! The one even sat on the Fedex truck up here over last weekend so i was real worried.

Great to see you guys keep an eye on this stuff as well though!!! :2thumbs:

Bump.... Colorado is getting hit with a lot of snow today and overnight lows in Boulder are expected to be around 10*... given the forecast some shipments may be delayed this weekend to avoid frozen products. I'll keep you guys posted as things settle out.

Thawing like it's hot here. Even though it's not. :lolsmack:

I don't know about Boulder specifically, but I got 4" in an hour at my house, and then nothing. Just enough to dirty the freshly glazed SS. grrrrr.

Anyone getting extreme weather elsewheres? :cheers:

Oh waaaaah! lol -10ºF here tonight... Windchill will make it worse...

That's t-shirt weather, right? :lol:

I just put the garbage out, it's 6* F. No coat, just sweat pants, t shirt and moccasins. :D You can tell it's cold out when the snow crunches under your feet and makes noise.

On Tues. I ordered from Adams. Yesterday afternoon I saw the fed ex guy walking up my driveway as it was to bad to drive up. How can you beat service like that when delivery beats the tracking order. While I am on here I would like to know how dylan can get his GM Ave on Ford F150 forums. I think they need Chris and Rich. Every time I get on that website I miss an Adams giveaway. Sometimes I think Dylan is watching me.

Archived