Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Post & Question

ShadoChaser

Question

So I have been detailing my car inside and out with Adams Products (Shampoo, Super VRT, Etc), and since Winter is getting near (Plus it lives outdoors). I was thinking about ordering Adams Clay kit and going over it one time before winter get serious here.

What would be the best Wax I can put on it to protect it. I have used Mequires NXT 2.0 earlier this spring. But am wondering if Adams has a product they would recommend.

Thanks

Tim

19 answers to this question

I used 2 coats of Americana last Winter here in Maryland and yea Winter was very very very bad.:eek: It held up for 6 months before i had to detail my car.:rockon: Like said above you can put MSW on by hand just make sure you use very thin coats.:2thumbs:

cool so i'm doing it wright with MSW and Americana to give it that extra shine.

I only detail my rides every Spring and Fall with no issues other than more very lite scratches show up here and there.:willy:

I don't do the waxing ritual that I do for any kind of shine because wax does not make paint shine, polishing does. I do my wax ritual for protection. To me, my car looks no different with or without wax. But the protection is very evident as soon as it rains or the paint gets anything on it. Especially bird crap.

I have never waited longer than 2 days to go back to back with one coat after another. I haven't done that often mind you as one coat of MSW followed by a coat of Americana is my standard protection. I have always been of the mindset that the less you do with wax, the better it is for the look of your finish. With some of the rituals that I have read of guys doing for wax, it's a miracle that their paint doesn't look like a smudgy mess.

cool so i'm doing it wright with MSW and Americana to give it that extra shine.

I only detail my rides every Spring and Fall with no issues other than more very lite scratches show up here and there.:willy:

I have never waited longer than 2 days to go back to back with one coat after another. I haven't done that often mind you as one coat of MSW followed by a coat of Americana is my standard protection. I have always been of the mindset that the less you do with wax, the better it is for the look of your finish. With some of the rituals that I have read of guys doing for wax, it's a miracle that their paint doesn't look like a smudgy mess.

Thanks Everyone, I really appreciate the input. I guess I will be getting the Americana. It sounds like the best plan for me.

Sorry about mentioning the 'W' word (Winter), But I don't like to wait till the last minute for these things.

Tim

Remember one coat first weekend then next weekend second coat.:glasses:

Thanks Everyone, I really appreciate the input. I guess I will be getting the Americana. It sounds like the best plan for me.

Sorry about mentioning the 'W' word (Winter), But I don't like to wait till the last minute for these things.

Tim

You can still use the Machine SuperWax by hand (which will give you the longest protection of all Adam's waxes), but you have to make sure that you apply it in very thin coats (or a very thin coat). All sealants (which is what MSW is), need to be applied in thin, even coats in order to properly cure and protect as they do.

Archived