Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need new water hose

BUCKET

Question

11 answers to this question

Buy another 50' hose and hook them together, 100' of hose.

:iagree:

I did just learn something last night though. There are hoses that are safe to drink water out of and hoses that are not. I wonder if the type of hose makes a difference in the quality of water that is actually coming out and which is better for your car??

Goodyear makes some really nice rubber hoses. They have a lifetime guarantee and can be purchased at your local Home Depot. I've had (2) 50' lengths of the hoses below going on 4 years now and they are still perfect.

http://www.goodyearep.com/productsdetail.aspx?id=14476

You do have to exercise a little care with your hoses. Drain them after each use. Recoil them and put them away in a shed, garage, something to keep them from constant exposure to the elements. Exposure to the sun's UV will degrade the hose and shorten it's lifespan. They are just like any other detailing tool you have, they require care.

Kinking hoses can also shorten their lifespan so you'll want to invest in some decent valves, quick-connects, etc; all of which can be found at your local Home Depot/Lowes/Ace/Osh. You'll also want to try to avoid driving over your hoses with your vehicles. That is a surefire way to destroy any hose.

I have one 3/4" rubber hose and one non kink vinyl hose. I CAN'T STAND the rubber hose. It's MUCH better in colder weather but it's the MOST kink happy hose I've EVER owned. I use the non kinking one to wash the cars.

Chris

I have one 3/4" rubber hose and one non kink vinyl hose. I CAN'T STAND the rubber hose. It's MUCH better in colder weather but it's the MOST kink happy hose I've EVER owned. I use the non kinking one to wash the cars.

Chris

Do you have enough water pressure and volume for a 3/4" hose? I've never had a problem with kinking with the hoses I currently have, but I have good pressure and volume so the hose really never has an opportunity to kink. They are also a heavy wall hose. Even when kinked by hand it won't stop the flow. Also, how's the wall thickness on the rubber hose you have? Thin walls = lots of kinks.

I'm with you though, if I can't walk around the car without the hose kinking, losing pressure and/or stopping the flow...it's gone.

Do you have enough water pressure and volume for a 3/4" hose? I've never had a problem with kinking with the hoses I currently have, but I have good pressure and volume so the hose really never has an opportunity to kink. They are also a heavy wall hose. Even when kinked by hand it won't stop the flow. Also, how's the wall thickness on the rubber hose you have? Thin walls = lots of kinks.

I'm with you though, if I can't walk around the car without the hose kinking, losing pressure and/or stopping the flow...it's gone.

The problem with it, is it's coiled and it LIKES being coiled so when you uncoil it, it kinks until you get it past that spot. Really weird... Almost like it's spring loaded.

The problem with it, is it's coiled and it LIKES being coiled so when you uncoil it, it kinks until you get it past that spot. Really weird... Almost like it's spring loaded.

I've had that problem with vinyl hoses, but not with rubber. Even though I drain and recoil my rubber hoses after each use, they have no 'memory' and lay out flat every time.

Goodyear makes some really nice rubber hoses. They have a lifetime guarantee and can be purchased at your local Home Depot. I've had (2) 50' lengths of the hoses below going on 4 years now and they are still perfect.

http://www.goodyearep.com/productsdetail.aspx?id=14476

You do have to exercise a little care with your hoses. Drain them after each use. Recoil them and put them away in a shed, garage, something to keep them from constant exposure to the elements. Exposure to the sun's UV will degrade the hose and shorten it's lifespan. They are just like any other detailing tool you have, they require care.

Kinking hoses can also shorten their lifespan so you'll want to invest in some decent valves, quick-connects, etc; all of which can be found at your local Home Depot/Lowes/Ace/Osh. You'll also want to try to avoid driving over your hoses with your vehicles. That is a surefire way to destroy any hose.

DING DING DING

I use Goodyear also, two hooked into one, on a hose cart, that goes back into the garage next to my detailing militia. It was just gonna be detailing stuff, but I think I am over the edge on product now.

41P0oW%2Bfw%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-8-inch-All-Weather-Rubber-Garden/dp/B003U56VBE/ref=sr_1_cc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1288641047&sr=1-3-catcorr

Super nice hose, 100ft... MADE IN THE USA!!

As soon as I have the time/money to complete the garage renovation and relocated my water line, and mount my hose feed inside that will be the one I'm going with.

Archived