Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hex Polish Applicators?

DasSmurf

Question

24 answers to this question

I think the hex work great, but I have the older ones and would like to see the gray foam like used for the tire hex handle paired with the red or yellow of the Americana/Buttery applicator. I need it to be a bit more stiff.

Chris

the grip part of it is much softer the the one on the yellow applicator.

I actually like the fact that it is a little softer, it's how I know I'm using the right one. Not that I would ever use the wrong one :(

I think the Hex applicator pads are amazing. They fit so comfortably in your hand and there color coded for whatever product your going to use. Whether a wax or polish. Plus with the design you can apply equal pressure and work the product better into your paint. I have every one and love em..

I only have the yellow for BW. And just over the weekend picked up some BG and a red hex grip while at warehouse detail clinic.

The only complaint I have.....and it is a minor one at that is that I used the red one last night for the first time to apply some BG and the grip part of it is much softer the the one on the yellow applicator. It was almost to soft. I perfer the firmer foam for the grip part of the yellow applicator.

I do plan on picking up a couple more hex drips to replace my flip pad I use for SHR and Revive.

I think the buttery bottle mentioned giving the pad a slight mist of ds and then adding the buttery. Love that buttery for a fast hot weather wax - have used it on my black paint out in the sun, with great results.

do these pads need to be primed? How is that done?

Not really... You CAN spritz with DS when using a polish, but that's mainly for the machine pads to keep the product moist and working. Use straight up when waxing... No DS.

Chris

I have a the Tire, Revive (Blue) and Buttery Wax (Yellow) Hex Grip pads and love them! They are comfy and form to the hand nicely!

do these pads need to be primed? How is that done?

They certainly are hand savers if you do a car with muscle power instead of a machine. I've done the wifes suv a few times real quick by hand using revive and a blue hex then followed up with buttery on the yellow.

Makes it MUCH easier than trying to get a good grip on the old microfiber apps.

I've got the red/blue americanas, black pro tire, red, yellow, blue, orange - plus the flip and the very underrated microfiber pads - they all work well! Last weekend I used everything but orange on a detail, and it's great to have them for their precise uses. I reserve my americana pads for americana only (yeah, that's just me), and use my red for BG application. All the rest are color coded for their products. They are easy to hold, and they work great.

I have issues with my hands and have to use an ergonomic mouse in order to do my job and use a computer. The hex applicator fits nicely in my hand and causes me no pain when hand polishing. Those flat applicators some other companies out there make aggravate my hands and make hand polishing a real chore. You won't be disappointed.

Perfect, they will be added to the kit ASAP.

I've been hunting for replacements for my Wolfgang pads as they've lived their life. They're good. But I'm never satisfied until I try everything once to find what might work better :D

I have used alot of wolf gang stuff in the past Adams will prove superior, IMO

Archived