Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive Polish

Mits 3000 gt

Question

6 answers to this question

Just wondering when applying revive polish with machine which pad should you use. Also what speed do you run it at? I have then applied Buttery wax as a follow up!

Revive is more of a hand polish, and FMP is a machine polish.

When applying FMP you use the White pad, and I use PC on 4 or 5.:thumbsup:

Check video out!

Chapter 14 - Machine Polishing

I've done it with the PC set on 2 with a grey pad - just to test it out. Would say there was no notable improvement over doing it by hand. Was it worse? Maybe not, but the hex grip (hand) applicator seems to be easier for me to clean after use IMO.

I've used it with a white pad, PC set on 3. It really is a hand polish, finer than FMP, but rumors exist to the effect that it helps get the finish a little deeper (for those of us with darker finishes). I haven't done a comparison of no revive vs. PC revive application, so I can't prove or disprove the rumor. :D

even if you are only focused on speed revive used by hand should only take 15mins to apply @ most i would think less u have huge ride. buttery wax want take long at all by hand.

Like ...ok.... you use a D/A or other machine to help break down and work the compounds hand polish doesn't need that extra breakdown so more often then not i would think you be adding work with lil extra effects, if any.

By hand polish we mean that; it was designed for hand application, where as the FMP is designed to be broke down by the D/A. uh.....duuuuh lol

I would be interested in what, if any, better effects could be gained by using revive and FMP combined on the same pad at same time with the pc.........hmmmm a later experiment i think.

Archived