Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing Lights (Bulb)

Moz

Question

Hey guy's.Looking to find out what type(Brand Name of) for bulb's, everyone is using for their detailing light's?

Here are the style of lamps I'm using.picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=2533

The bulbs I have been purchasing lately do NOT last long at all.What type of bulbs is everyone seeing long run time(hours) with?

:cheers:

16 answers to this question

I think I'm getting an 80 LED bulb work light for Christmas. It's around $45 and and by Cooper Lighting. Hopefully this will solve my issue with seeing swirls in high metallic paint jobs. Right now I use a double 500W halogen light and a 150W single halogen.

Update on the 80 LED light. I picked mine up yesterday and tried it out. I looked at the hood of my pewter Explorer and had a hard time seeing the swirls. I know I have some in there because I can see them from the reflection of a 60W bulb in my ceiling.

However, if you're looking for a handy work light for non-paint correction, it's perfect.

1anonly, do you have a link to the 80 led work light you mentioned. Searched cooper lighting but could not find anything. Thanks!

Sure do. I've seen this at a Menards by me, but Sears also carries it. Normally it's $50, but Sears has it on sale on for $30. I think I'll get one just incase I don't get it for Christmas. I can always take it back if I do.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03473950000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

It's pretty neat, the light folds in half for storage. It comes with an AC and DC chargers. Then it also had a swivel hook for hanging , or you can use the two big magnets as well.

EDIT - I just bought one and it's even cheaper $26.99!

I keep telling you guys if you want high quality leds @ reasonable price go to the hydroponic grow supply sites :lolsmack:

Atlanta hydroponics is a decent priced grow light warehouse lots of applications other then for growing :lol: pretty decent customer service, though not adams :o

the above pic looks to be over $100 in lights, not counting the bulbs needing replaced regularly--- at that price you could get one big unit for shop apps

The bulbs just don't last long in that style of light (I've found)

I've used cheap ones and pricey ones, supposed high quality ones, and crappy ones... they all seem to have a limited life span on them just due to the operating temps.

Theres a really cool LED setup I saw at a local hardware store... but it was VERY pricey.

Got mine at Sears with the lights and stand. Only had one failure, when I moved the light and bumped it while it was on and hot.

But I guess you are using your a lot more than me, since you are doing many details... How long are the bulbs lasting?

Hey guy's.Looking to find out what type(Brand Name of) for bulb's, everyone is using for their detailing light's?

Here are the style of lamps I'm using.picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=2533

The bulbs I have been purchasing lately do NOT last long at all.What type of bulbs is everyone seeing long run time(hours) with?

:cheers:

I've just been using the ones that came with my orange Home Depot lights... I think they're 600W each and they've lasted probably 80 hours so far. :cheers:

Archived