Customer Service 866.965.0400

not removing detail spray

swirlparanoid

Question

i noticed on the videos where Adam is detailing the Ferrari he doesn't remove the detail spray and he doesn't remove the shr before applying fmp is this the best way to do it? ive always assumed you shouldn't mix products and you should remove previous products before going to another etc

7 answers to this question

You can do it either way... there was actually just a recent thread where people chimed in with their preferred method.

If you do go over the top of the previous product there really is no negative impact. All of the polishes are diminishing abrasives so the only thing left behind is the 'liquids' from the broken down polish.

When you're trying to define a process, as in what exactly its gonna take to get the desired result, remove each step. But if you're going purely for speed, and just want improvement, but not perfection then going over the top of each product will save you a lot of time.

You can do it either way... there was actually just a recent thread where people chimed in with their preferred method.

If you do go over the top of the previous product there really is no negative impact. All of the polishes are diminishing abrasives so the only thing left behind is the 'liquids' from the broken down polish.

When you're trying to define a process, as in what exactly its gonna take to get the desired result, remove each step. But if you're going purely for speed, and just want improvement, but not perfection then going over the top of each product will save you a lot of time.

Here it is! Which Polish Removal Method Do You Use? (multipage.gif1 2)

Define "diminishing abrasives". The videos I've seen say that the polishes are "non-abrasive", which is confusing to me. I don't know how a polish works if it doesn't "cut" or "fill". Anyone?

Diminishing abrasives (SSR, SHR, FMP) means the solids start at one size and get progressively smaller as they're 'worked' until eventually they're completely broken down.

Think of it like a sandpaper that as you sanded the grain got smaller and smaller and smaller until all you were left with was the paper backing.

solids start at one size and get progressively smaller as they're 'worked' until eventually they're completely broken down.

So how long does this take?

I'm sure that it has alot to do with speed, pressure, and product used, but how do you tell when enough is enough, or too much, or not enough.

Okay I know that with the polishes you work the area until you feel that it is done to your liking.

A little off subject, but what about MSW, does it help to keep going over a panel, or should I just go over it once or twice and be done?

TIA

Bluezey:pc:

Archived