Customer Service 866.965.0400

polishing around vinyl decals?

bagged00

Question

hey guys when i get my flex im gonna be polishing a black mach 1. for those of you who know the mach ones have that matte black vinyl on the hood of the car, bottom, and the wing is matte black. so to i need to tape up the decals or what? also i dont think the wing is wrapped in vinyl. i see swirls in it, what can i do with it?

for those of you who dont understand, pics.

hood:

Ryan%27s%20%2703%20Mach%201%20for%20LCMC.JPG

lower decals:

mach5-16014.jpg

wing:

l_31bc7d1a2c3ecf160a940d95606f08dc.jpg

10 answers to this question

wat is the best product for polishing such stripes???? the clear polish?

You cant really 'polish' vinyl. Clear polish is a vinyl protectant, it's formulated specifically for vinyl.

Vinyl is soft unlike clear coat, so taking any abrasives to a soft material like vinyl can potentially destroy it. If you end up with swirls in your vinyl the best thing you can do is glaze them, I had a great experience with Brilliant Glaze on Swirly vinyl.

You cant really 'polish' vinyl. Clear polish is a vinyl protectant, it's formulated specifically for vinyl.

Vinyl is soft unlike clear coat, so taking any abrasives to a soft material like vinyl can potentially destroy it. If you end up with swirls in your vinyl the best thing you can do is glaze them, I had a great experience with Brilliant Glaze on Swirly vinyl.

thx for tip .... i have tons of experience at detailing but have rarely encountered the stripes in the commercial detail bays.

But it only makes sense....90% of the owners of such cars are usually enthusiast who would shoot most that came close to detailing their cars :lolsmack:

Archived