Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo!!

Mario Gambacortta

I just picked up this Porsche 911 Turbo for a good friend of mine here in Boulder CO. It an '07 with 25K on the clock. Being silver the car looked to be in decent shape, but upon further examining this was far from the truth. It required a full 3 stage paint correction and a very thorough detail. Hope you enjoy!

Before shots:

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

I started with a thorough cleaning of the alloys. First step, as always, a good degrease using Adam's All Purpose Cleaner.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Adam's Fender brush cleaning the tires and wheel wells:

IMG_0804.jpg

After a spray down with Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner the Power Stick was used to reach deep into the rims.

IMG_0805.jpg

Adam's Trim and Lug Brush used for those hard to reach areas:

IMG_0806.jpg

High pressure rinse with the new Ultimate Fire Hose Nozzle:

IMG_0807.jpg

Exterior was washed with Adam's Car Shampoo. Hard to reach areas were scrubed with the Trim/Lug Brush.

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Engine bay was given a once over. The car had a lot of leaves and debris in the intakes, which were vacuumed out with the MetroVac.

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Adam's Metal Polish in action:

IMG_1162.jpg

Adam's In/Out Spray finishing the job:

IMG_1165.jpg

Results:

IMG_1166.jpg

More leaves and debris removed from front intakes:

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

Onto the interior. The rear seats were removed during the thorough vacuuming.

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

Prototype interior brush in action:

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

Seats were cleaned with Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner and Protect with Leather Conditioner.

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

Finally onto the paint. The paint condition was observed after all surfaces were clayed:

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

Adam's new Severe Swirl Remover with green pad on the Flex:

IMG_1035.jpg

Adam's Swirl and Haze remover and orange pad up next:

IMG_1037.jpg

Finished with Fine Machine Polish and the white pad:

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

This Turbo had a clear bra on the entire front of the vehicle, which was polished out using Adam's Clear Polish and the Porter Cable:

IMG_1041.jpg

Finishing touches with Adam's Americana Paste Wax:

IMG_1158.jpg

Adam's In and Out Spray makes short work of hard to reach exterior trim:

IMG_1046.jpg

And finally the best part, RESULTS!!

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

Cheers!

Nice work on that sweet car Mario! :2thumbs:

Dylan, you have to get Mario his own 'signature' shot for his write-ups! You have your thumbs up reflection and Taig has his Adam's cabinet reflection. Maybe Mario's could be that scenic mountain view shot!

Interesting that you used a PC with clear polish on the bra. I've never dared to touch mine except for with a hand applicator. When I've asked and looked into care of it in the past, I was always left with the impression that they were fairly fragile (soft) and needed to be handled lightly. I figured the PC with a white pad and clear polish was going to be too aggressive on it. If it's good to do that, I'll have to give it a try next go round.

Interesting that you used a PC with clear polish on the bra. I've never dared to touch mine except for with a hand applicator. When I've asked and looked into care of it in the past, I was always left with the impression that they were fairly fragile (soft) and needed to be handled lightly. I figured the PC with a white pad and clear polish was going to be too aggressive on it. If it's good to do that, I'll have to give it a try next go round.

Brad I would be careful around the edges!:2thumbs:

Brad I would be careful around the edges!:2thumbs:

I always am now. Mainly because I'm still trying to get some of the Americana that gave me a white seem the first time I used it not knowing any better. It's almost good now, but I still catch a white seem every once in awhile. :D

I always am now. Mainly because I'm still trying to get some of the Americana that gave me a white seem the first time I used it not knowing any better. It's almost good now, but I still catch a white seem every once in awhile. :D

Spray down the seem good with DS and take a MF towel to wipe off the white.:thumbsup:

Archived