Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Porsche Cayman arriving in three days...

Patrak

Thanks welcoming me...

Yes I do have a garage to work in for after the wash - since I do not have a drain in the garage.

Note: I already watched all the Junkman and Adams 23 videos... in the 3 months I had to wait :)

It is Meteor Grey Metallic with Beige full leather interior.

Thanks

Patrice

Sweet car! You're going to love it. Meteor is great too. I have a Boxster S in it and love it. Make sure you go find some twisty roads to drive fast on. It's a whole new driving experience. :cheers:

BTW, if you haven't found it yet, plant-9.com is a great forum for 987 owners. Everyone's friendly and helpful there. Almost like if you took the Adam's forums and changed the focus from detailing to 987s.

I grew up with Porsches so they are near and dear to me... 924, 944, 944T, 928S4.

Nice Cayman.

I do miss the number designations though.

Chris

As Cygnus points out, all Porsches still do have a factory number designation. The Cayman is 987 as is the current generation Boxster since they are based on the same platform. I had to explain to the wife why I put 06955TI on the license plate of our Titanium Edition Cayenne. The SUV is a 955 and armed with a periodic table of the elements, you'll discover the symbol for Titanium is TI. I have some combination of model year, factory number and body type on my other P-car plates too. Yes, sorry, I'm a big Porsche geek...

Patrak, Congrats on the Cayman...you enjoy it! Also, PM sent about how not to punch holes in your front bumper cover for the front license plate.

- Darryl

welcome,

i would ask the dealer not to touch the car. just drive it off the trailer and park it until you sign the papers! be sure to make that very clear to them, and when they ask are you sure you don't want us to wash it, tell them your positive, roll it off the truck and park it!

did that with my truck, and very glad i did! rolled right off the 18 wheeler with keys in my hand, and no swirls like the cars on their lot!

As Cygnus points out, all Porsches still do have a factory number designation. The Cayman is 987 as is the current generation Boxster since they are based on the same platform. I had to explain to the wife why I put 06955TI on the license plate of our Titanium Edition Cayenne. The SUV is a 955 and armed with a periodic table of the elements, you'll discover the symbol for Titanium is TI. I have some combination of model year, factory number and body type on my other P-car plates too. Yes, sorry, I'm a big Porsche geek...

Patrak, Congrats on the Cayman...you enjoy it! Also, PM sent about how not to punch holes in your front bumper cover for the front license plate.

- Darryl

I guess I meant to say I miss them using the number designations... Everyone has names... I like numbers better...

Maybe that's why I like Bimmers... :)

Chris

In WA if your front bumper does not have a place to mount a front plate then you are OK.

I'd say the Cayman front doesn't have a place for it in that case. No sense ruining the front lines with something as ugly as a plate. Plus, now you don't have a good target for lidar. :cheers:

Archived