Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Porsche Cayman arriving in three days...

Patrak

Hi all,

Message from a detailing noob living in the Pacific NW... I have a custom ordered Porsche Cayman that is arriving in three days that I have been waiting for the last three months... :2thumbs: Painfully slow... The dealer told me he was going to have it detail but I know what it means - it means I have less than a 5% chance I will get my new car w/o swirl marks and other artifacts... :(

In any case I want to get advices from you guys on what I should do once my car is here...

I have a brilliant kit in my shopping bag on Adam's web site with all the goodies... :pc:I will practice on my other cars but I don't want to leave my brand new Porsche out w/o a good protecting layer because with the amount of rain we receive in the NW I want to make sure it is protected...

So should I wash (I will use the two buckets system for sure) - clay - wash again - then polish swirls area - wax with machine wax - then 2 coats with Americana - glass sealant - then complete interior detail and finally in/out for the nooks and crannies I can't hit with VRT??? Anything else? Is this the right approach? I'll go first on small areas for sure... and I will practice on my other cars for sure...

With the temperatures in the Pacific NW in the 30-40s what should I expect for cure times?

Any help is appreciated... :help:

Thanks

Patrice

Thanks welcoming me...

Yes I do have a garage to work in for after the wash - since I do not have a drain in the garage.

Note: I already watched all the Junkman and Adams 23 videos... in the 3 months I had to wait :)

It is Meteor Grey Metallic with Beige full leather interior.

Thanks

Patrice

After you do a good 2 bucket wash you can evaluate your paint, hopefully it won't be that bad. Maybe you can give it a good coat of Americana, then after it warms up a bit you can do some paint correcting if needed!

Do you have any way of heating your garage?

After you do a good 2 bucket wash you can evaluate your paint, hopefully it won't be that bad. Maybe you can give it a good coat of Americana, then after it warms up a bit you can do some paint correcting if needed!

Do you have any way of heating your garage?

Yes I can heat it maybe to the 50s - isolation isn't great but I can heat it to about low 50s

Welcome!! A tinge of jealousy.....LOL

The first thing to do is call the dealer first thing tommorow morning and tell them to keep their mitts OFF

:iagree: with both!

With your weather you may want consider 2 coats of Machine Super Wax and top that with Americana.

Also, if the clay bar work doesn't mar the finish you could move straight to the protection and skip the polishing until the Spring.

Awesome! I love my 997S. Plus I use Adams products all the time...

Just be careful when you wash the cayman emblem on the back, it's really easy the catch the wash pad on the letters...

Thanks for the tip... I bought the premium trim and nut brush... for that... :)

Yes, if you need to get protection, you could just clay and then coat it with your choice, then really take you time in the spring and polish it up to your level of perfection. My two cents is to clay with a light hand and keep the finish well lubed with detail spray. I have not seen any marring on my black paint (clear over black), and you know how black shows everything. Of course, I gently clay - I don't press heavily into the finish, and the clay still takes off the surface contaminents and leaves it smooth as glass, even checking with the baggie on my hand...

And a few others...

I am curious how one would use the PC to detail the curves on that baby...

How long should I wait to give it another wax?

Thanks for all the advices - I want to keep her really nice and protected.

Cheers

Patrice

Great......anyone know how to get drool out of a keyboard?

Amazing car Patrice! I am always amazed how Porsche can take a 40 year old design and always make it look fresh while keeping the classic lines.

As for the PC on the all the curves, that is where the focus pads come in really handy!

PS, please tell me your state does not require front plates. It would be criminal to flop a piece of tin on the front of that car.

Great......anyone know how to get drool out of a keyboard?

Luckly for me I am working on the laptop at the coffee table, so just big wet spot on the rug in front of the couch!

Amazing car Patrice! I am always amazed how Porsche can take a 40 year old design and always make it look fresh while keeping the classic lines.

Beautiful car! A friend owns a Boxster, but this looks sooo much better.

Beautiful vehicle.

PS, please tell me your state does not require front plates. It would be criminal to flop a piece of tin on the front of that car.

Sadly...

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/traveler/pasfaqs.htm

Is a front license plate required?

Yes, for those vehicles issued a front plate. The license plate must be affixed to the front of the vehicle and kept clean so as to be plainly seen and read at all times. (RCW 46.16.240)

Archived