Customer Service 866.965.0400

what happened?

They must be out right now. He only buys American made products and he likes top quality so maybe he has placed an order and is just waiting on it to arrive so he can add them back onto the store site.

Adam has offered to get hats done of your own personal choice if you wish to pick one out and send it to him. Made in the USA of course. :D

There is a Thread somewhere. Maybe Chewy can find it. He is good at that. :xfingers:

I'm in chat with a New Era employee right now getting some facts straight...person is telling me all the 59/Fifty models are Made in USA. At least the ones with Authentic teams on them. I am currently trying to find out about the blanks. Will post chatlog when done.

UPDATE!

http://shop.neweracap.com/nshop/product.php?view=keyword&keywords=original%20basic'>http://shop.neweracap.com/nshop/product.php?view=keyword&keywords=original%20basic

There is your link for a USA made New Era 59/Fifty Fitted Hat...name your color.

chatlog:

Thank you for visiting us! An operator will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Jesahel'

Jesahel: Welcome to our live chat service. What can I do for you today?

Christopher Gargano: Morning!

Christopher Gargano: I am looking to see where New Era produces the 59/fifty line of hats.

Christopher Gargano: I want to make sure its the USA, before I buy one

Christopher Gargano: Do you know?

Jesahel: In the USA.

Jesahel: Yes, I am sure.

Christopher Gargano: Some of them I have seen in the stores here are

not, that is why I ask

Christopher Gargano: or is that just with some of the other lines you sell?

Jesahel: Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Jesahel: The ones with the authentic teams are from the USA.

Christopher Gargano: Just want to make sure of that, as I prefer to keep jobs in the USA and not the people in China fed. LOL.

Christopher Gargano: What about the 59/50 blanks?

Christopher Gargano: Can I order a black blank one?

Jesahel: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Christopher Gargano: thank you

Jesahel: I will be right with you.

Jesahel: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Christopher Gargano: ok :)

Jesahel: Yes, the blank hats are made in USA.

Christopher Gargano: thank you! Can I order those on the site, or do I

need to find a third party?

Jesahel: I will be right with you.

Jesahel: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Christopher Gargano: ok

Jesahel: We do have blank hats but i believe they are sold out for the ones

you are requesting.

Christopher Gargano: can you link me to the place on your site where I

would find them>

Christopher Gargano: please?

Jesahel: http://shop.neweracap.com/nshop/product.php?view=keyword&keywords=original%20basic

Jesahel: Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Christopher Gargano: THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! I am part of a forum community that are huge car detailing people. We are all USA preferred people. I think you may have just sold a bunch of hats!

Christopher Gargano: Have a great weekend! Chris

Jesahel: Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thank you for chatting with us! Join our email mailing list and receive great updates on products, sales, and more!

:cheers::rockon::thumbsup::lolsmack::rockon:

Mook

Oh it friggin was. About an hour-ish in chat?

Dylan just informed me of something to keep in mind, should anyone decide to order:

He has about 19 59/fifty hats. All but one have a made in China tag inside....he thinks perhaps they are made in China, then are sent here to be tagged, embroidered, etc.

That's sad if true. I am probably gonna bite the bullet and order one. That said, please wait until I get mine. I would hate for everyone to go get a Made in China surprise all at once, instead of just me.

:D

Mook

I know they used to be made exclusively here in the US, but that changed years back. On trips to HatClub or Lidz I've seen tags for various NE 5950's be China, Cambodia, Taiwan, and other countries.

I'd be interested to know how they can tell people on their chat they are made in the US when I have found China on the tags of so many of mine.

In the mean time, send us your favorite hat, and we'll embroider and send it back to you for FREE!

Adam's Polishes, Inc.

4820 Sterling Drive

Boulder, CO

Put a sticker on the inside of the bill with your name and address, and we'll send it back once it's done!

We have done about a dozen hats for customers thus far.

Each time we introduce a hat, seems there are many dissatisfied with the choice, hence the, "Send in your hat, and we'll get it embroidered free," plan!

:thumbsup:

I know they used to be made exclusively here in the US, but that changed years back. On trips to HatClub or Lidz I've seen tags for various NE 5950's be China, Cambodia, Taiwan, and other countries.

I'd be interested to know how they can tell people on their chat they are made in the US when I have found China on the tags of so many of mine.

It was interesting too. Between each inquiry Dylan, the CSR took about five-10 minutes to get back to me about. I prefer fitted all the way, the baseball player in some of us never leave. ;)

I will order one after lunch, and when it comes in, I will post pics of said locations. :2thumbs:

Mook

It was interesting too. Between each inquiry Dylan, the CSR took about five-10 minutes to get back to me about. I prefer fitted all the way, the baseball player in some of us never leave. ;)

I will order one after lunch, and when it comes in, I will post pics of said locations. :2thumbs:

Mook

Well... the most important ones (the annual 9/11 + Memorial Day + July 4th stars and stripes commemoratives) are made here in the US.

I should correct my previous statement... all 3 of my stars and stripes are made in the USA, but everything else including my official on field Angels, cooperstown edition, and fashion 5950's say made in china.

I just looked through all my hats. I've got 20+ New Era hats and many have no tag, and the rest with tags 9 out of the 20 all say made in china. Only one says made in the USA but it's at least 5-6 years old. This is range of 59fifty hats, flex fit, slider fit, golf, nhl and nba logos.

A side story for new era..my brothers's best friend is one of their sales VPs. He is head of NBA and NHL sales. Last summer they were trying to get MLB teams to wear their hats (Reebok has/had the contract) and had shipped Tampa a whole mess of brand new hats for opening day. Well sure sh!t their first time out of the box wearing them it rained and over half of the hats had issues with the glue failing and dyes running. It was NOT a pretty sight. China quality is what ya get there!

A side story for new era..my brothers's best friend is one of their sales VPs. He is head of NBA and NHL sales. Last summer they were trying to get MLB teams to wear their hats (Reebok has/had the contract) and had shipped Tampa a whole mess of brand new hats for opening day. Well sure sh!t their first time out of the box wearing them it rained and over half of the hats had issues with the glue failing and dyes running. It was NOT a pretty sight. China quality is what ya get there!

Are you talking about the batting practice hats? All the on field caps have been new era for a long time now. I know that other companies make different practice hats that some teams wear, but official MLB licenses the 5950 for on field use w/ the coolbase fabric.

These were their game hats. Not to dispute but they lost their hats contract to Reebok, or maybe just lost the exclusivity of it with MLB. He's been humpin to get it back to New Era only for awhile now.

These were their game hats. Not to dispute but they lost their hats contract to Reebok, or maybe just lost the exclusivity of it with MLB. He's been humpin to get it back to New Era only for awhile now.

Huh.... weird.... wonder if they did lose a contract. All of the MLB team stores still list New Era 5950 coolbase caps as the "Official On-field Cap of MLB"

post-1263-1368180384_thumb.jpg

Whats even stranger is the descriptions on each team site.

On the sidebar description:

• All on-field caps now made with enhanced performance fabric, sweatbands, and undervisors
  • Moisture management takes away moisture away from the skin and moves it into the fabric, resulting in a cap that is cool and dry.
  • Performance undervisor is black to reduce glare.
  • 100% polyester
  • Made in the USA

But then on the same page directly below the picture:

• For the first time in over 50 years, the on-field caps have been altered to improve performance!
  • Moisture management takes away moisture away from the skin and moves it into the fabric, resulting in a cap that is cool and dry.
  • Two-component performance sweatband including a performance foam and moisture-wicking material.
  • Performance undervisor is made of performance fabric and is black to reduce glare.
  • Country Of Origin : China

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2626729

Archived