Customer Service 866.965.0400

what happened?

I'm going to have my brother ask his buddy and see what's what...to be continued. :)

Ok got the scoop yesterday. Dylan you are correct New Era has had the MLB contract for quite a long time now..their onfield hats. The hat disaster I spoke of with Tampa was not to replace Reebok but it was a new design they were having them try out..which obviously failed miserably.

My brother also confirmed that they had the NFL contract and lost that a few years back and have been fighting to get that back..that must be where i was confused.

He said a couple years ago they started having all of their production done in China EXCEPT the 59fifty, but as of this past year have thrown in the towel and now 100% of their production is China based, even the 59fifty. So sad :(

He said a couple years ago they started having all of their production done in China EXCEPT the 59fifty, but as of this past year have thrown in the towel and now 100% of their production is China based, even the 59fifty. So sad :(

Thats so sad as our national past time you'd think New Era would want to keep the hats they market for on field use made here. Its really going to be hard to stomach this years version of the stars and stripes team hats knowing they'll be turned out in a Chinese factory. A hat designed to commemorate America, and worn by all teams on July 4th, September 11th, and Memorial Day weekends adorned with an American flag will have been made in a communist country... great. I'm sure most fans won't bat an eye... I am going to have to consider not buying one this year. Of all the hats sold this is probably the main one that bothers me being made in China. :(

Thanks for following up on it though.

Thats so sad as our national past time you'd think New Era would want to keep the hats they market for on field use made here. Its really going to be hard to stomach this years version of the stars and stripes team hats knowing they'll be turned out in a Chinese factory. A hat designed to commemorate America, and worn by all teams on July 4th, September 11th, and Memorial Day weekends adorned with an American flag will have been made in a communist country... great. I'm sure most fans won't bat an eye... I am going to have to consider not buying one this year. Of all the hats sold this is probably the main one that bothers me being made in China. :(

Thanks for following up on it though.

I agree. I have all the SnS hats too. Well not the supercool Black one like you managed to wheez. JERK!

What color were they to be anyway?

2 years ago all navy blue w/ the SnS logos

1 year ago all red w/ the SnS logos

Last season white crown, red bill, w/ SnS logos

Not sure what the combo will be this coming season... I suspect they stay with the red/white and blue theme, maybe another combo (white crown/blue bill, red crown/blue bill) Generally MLB makes the announcement of the design in June and the hats are worn on field the first time on the 4th of July.

2 years ago all navy blue w/ the SnS logos

1 year ago all red w/ the SnS logos

Last season white crown, red bill, w/ SnS logos

Not sure what the combo will be this coming season... I suspect they stay with the red/white and blue theme, maybe another combo (white crown/blue bill, red crown/blue bill) Generally MLB makes the announcement of the design in June and the hats are worn on field the first time on the 4th of July.

Heck last year they were already out on Memorial Day! I remember watching the Rox, thinkin it was awful early to see those hats...but by far and away, the best looking hat!

I wish the White Hat last season had a blue bill, and not Red. (red sox)

Not a fan of white crowned hats... they end up looking dingy and dirty no matter how careful you are. I only got one to keep the collection going.

Oddly enough, one hat I hadn't looked at the tag on was my angels on field 50th Anniversary Hat - made in the USA? This design was just released before Christmas for the upcoming season so apparently some are still made here.

Not a fan of white crowned hats... they end up looking dingy and dirty no matter how careful you are. I only got one to keep the collection going.

Oddly enough, one hat I hadn't looked at the tag on was my angels on field 50th Anniversary Hat - made in the USA? This design was just released before Christmas for the upcoming season so apparently some are still made here.

YUP...STILL in the bag.

Too scared to wear it!

This thread made me run upstairs to check my Giants hat from the World Series. The same hat they were wearing on the field when they clinched, and it was made in China! **** it. Pretty disappointed right about now.

Archived