Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scared to Death of Swirls

musclejunkie

:drool:Been using some Adam's products for a few months now and watched all the videos from Adam and the Junkman. Call me sick, but I find them very entertaining as well as educational. I have watched them over and over. I know.... get a life!

:confused:One thing that's eating at me is the debate whether to use a PC on my new car OR do the "safer than safe" hand method of paint correction. My car as I have said before is pretty pristine with only very few minor microscopic scratches and no swirls that I can see. I am obsessed with keeping a swirl and haze-free finish, but I know it's only a matter of time. If you drive it and wash it and dry it, no matter how careful, those nasty swirls and haze will arrive sooner or later.

:(The PC machine polishing videos have me perplexed and troubled to some degree. I have never seen a car in real life that has been touched with a machine polisher that doesn't have swirls and hazing galore. Are you guys THAT good or am I missing something? My dillemma is do I risk screwing up a great paint job with swirls and hazing on a new car finish with a PC or do I stick to the safe route and do it by hand?

Sorry to be a doubting Thomas here. I know Adam's products are superb, it's "me" the product applier, that I have some doubt in. Maybe Junkman could come over and do some PC basic training drills with me to boost my confidence.:lolsmack:

I use a rotary for almost all correction and I don't end up with swirls or holograms. You just have to know what your doing. Often the ones you have seen have been polished with a wool pad on a rotary by someone that doesn't know what they are doing. If you have watched the videos, then you know that you need to work your way down from aggressive to less aggressive. For rotary that means at least 3 steps, sometimes more. For a DA, same thing, thats why there is Swirl and Haze remover and Fine Machine Polish, along with the matching pads.

If you want to polish it all by hand, then go ahead! It's just going to take you a lot longer. If you don't mind taking the time, then by all means polish by hand.

Its almost impossible to mess up with a DA.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For Musclejunkie: oh, I love dogs and so does Brandi! What kind of dog is Conner? I have a Chinese Crested named "Mojo". He is hairless except for hair on his head, tail and legs-he looks like a Clydesdale horse in miniature.

you have any pics?

Can't say I've seen a Clydesdale with NO hair... :lolsmack:

what a beautiful dog! Cuddle bug dogs are the best!:D Brandi will love Conner too!

I love the color....my car is that color(as close as i could get) Black cherry...has a brownish red tint when it is cloudy. In the sun the metallic flake glitters more.

Can't say I've seen a Clydesdale with NO hair... :lolsmack:

Clydesdales have a flat coat with the "fluffier" hair comprising the mane,forelock,tail and feathers(hair on the legs). I was making a rough comparison so a person could have an idea of what the dog looks like. I was not making a critical analysis.

post-3019-136818039353_thumb.jpeg

post-3019-136818039356_thumb.jpeg

what a beautiful dog! Cuddle bug dogs are the best!:D Brandi will love Conner too!

I love the color....my car is that color(as close as i could get) Black cherry...has a brownish red tint when it is cloudy. In the sun the metallic flake glitters more.

Connor has auburn hair with golden highlights that will accessorize your interior (forgive him though, he does shed a little, forgive my undetailed and unvacuumed hallway). And he would look good in your car sitting between you and Brandi at the Junkiefest Car Detailing Show in Doylestown. I told him about the show and he's wagging his tail. :cheers: He also would make a good model to show off the Adam's interior product line.

Clydesdales have a flat coat with the "fluffier" hair comprising the mane,forelock,tail and feathers(hair on the legs). I was making a rough comparison so a person could have an idea of what the dog looks like. I was not making a critical analysis.

[ATTACH]5887[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5888[/ATTACH]

I have a great Clydesdale joke that can't be repeated in mixed company.:lol:

Your dog's cool looking. You must be one classy chassis. I wouldn't want to offend you or your dog hearing this raunchy saying. Also, I couldn't tell you without a few beers under my belt. It goes something like this.....How many Clydesdales would it take to pull .............:drool::banned:

Man...you guys and gals here on the forum are the coolest. You sound like a sweet heart. If Connor comes with, you have first dibs. I have to figure out a way to blockade him from the front seat area of my Mustang. He likes to drive and when not driving he likes to ride shotgun.:burnout:Keeping him in the back seat with Mr. Snowman and Rudy Reindeer (his winter toys) for 10 hours might be torture.

Sorry to hijack the Doylestown thread and this one about PC's and swirls. Kind of mixing the two. Again .... me sorry. ;) And hope the Clydesdale thing didn't offend anyone.

I've owned my 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition since new. Usually apply Americana 2-3 times a month. LeMans Blue always looks great. It had some light scratches from the years of cleaning. Santa brought our son a PC orbital kit and I tried it, ordered one the following week. I used SHR,FMP and Machine Wax the first day to find out where I was. For the past 4 weekends I worked each body panel, total of 31 hours with an industrial T5 flo. 4 light fixture to show scratches. The results are awesome! No need to worry about polisher damage, I did apply a lot of pressure a few times and no problems. After finishing, I still have a few light marks, which are hard to see but will be part of this ongoing project, and I don't have to leave the house for therapy!

PS.My friend from the dark side, with Cobras, ordered one this week after seeing the results! :cheers:

We're just a couple of girls...nothin to fuss about.

The only difference is, we can handle power equipment with ease...and appreciate a correctly turned out car/truck. :pc:

Holy moly - yall are hijacking this thread!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

But you are totally right!

Any girls that can handle a PC and appreciates a beautiful detailed car/truck is a diamond in the ruff. Junkman better be good to you or you can join my junkie possee. :rockon: I will be most honored to meet all of you, including the PC / Dagwood Master of Master's, Junkman. Counting the days. I might bring my Detail Dog Connor along for the ride. He can be the mascot for the event. Unlike me, he's good with cars and doesn't jump on them or pee on the tires. :D

I will totally let Conner stay with me while we're in town!!! :D

:2thumbs:He's a Flatcoat Retriever and loves to cuddle with junkie babes!

Junkman can't compete with him!:grouphug:

I might have to agree with this.....:jester:

Man...you guys and gals here on the forum are the coolest. You sound like a sweet heart. If Connor comes with, you have first dibs. I have to figure out a way to blockade him from the front seat area of my Mustang. He likes to drive and when not driving he likes to ride shotgun.:burnout:Keeping him in the back seat with Mr. Snowman and Rudy Reindeer (his winter toys) for 10 hours might be torture.

Sorry to hijack the Doylestown thread and this one about PC's and swirls. Kind of mixing the two. Again .... me sorry. ;) And hope the Clydesdale thing didn't offend anyone.

He is more than welcome to ride in the front of my SS with me.....Matter of fact...yall can sit in the back and Conner and I will be pimpin it up!!!

And....Conner BETTER come...and Sandra and I both have dibs...since well...she's riding up there with me!!!

:lolsmack:

Archived