Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is this the same foam gun that Adams had?

Vincenzo

Question

13 answers to this question

Foam cannons are a pain.... You have to get a power washer and then pay for a foam cannon and still have to scrub the car. Just use the foam up. You'll like it.

If you dont have a power washer, then yea; a foam cannon is a waste. Im sure the foam gun is great, but you still need to scrub the car down. They both have the same purpose, except the foam cannon ull get more foam faster and you'll save some time.

That was the gun we sold for a while, before Gilmour moved their manufacturing from PA to CHINA. We then went to a different gun, the HydroFoamer.

Hydrofoamer moved manufacturing to CHINA, so we are now looking at having a unit made for us in the USA.

Stay tuned, and if Eric Thompson has any left, they are likely USA units, so I would jump on them!

:patriot:

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-95QGFMR-Foamaster-II-Cleaning/dp/B000Y190WE

Except for the made in America part, of course. I was told it was, but wanted to make sure.

That's the one I have and just used it for the first time yesterday! It worked out great. It has adjustable ratios from 1oz/gallon to some ridiculously large concentration level.

Same functioning gun but just put together a little different. This gun has less plastic coverings and instead of a labeled turn dial to select concentration ratio, it has a sliding brass bar with the different size holes in it. Either will work just fine.

As for the hydrofoamer model, I wasn't a fan because it appears to be unadjustable.

With the foam gun, I don't even use a two bucket wash system anymore. I fill up one bucket with clean water and a grit guard and then just use the foam gun for my soap. I spray down the whole car and then before I hit a panel I spray my wash pad. Then rinse in the clean water and spray the pad with foam again, re-spraying a body panel if you feel it's necessary. Worked great for me! :rockon:

Oh, ok. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't better/worse. It looked a bit more heavy duty with the metal poking out, but the other one said "II", lol. I guess I'll go with the II if I can't get the cash for Eric's.

Also, I looked up the hydrofoamer. It has adjustable nozzles or something like that, lol. Seems kind of less user friendly.

Archived