Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chrome wheels..

Guest Uncle Jesse

Question

Guest Uncle Jesse

Hey guys.. i have a 2002 F150 with Lariat chrome-plated (i guess) factory wheels. A month or so ago, my front brakes got really bad, and a good amount of brake dust built-up on the wheels. It was nasty for a few weeks, and i didn't get a chance to clean them right off. I am having a hard time getting the last remaining built-up gunk off. Right now i use otc wheel cleaners, like Meguirs. Is there an Adams product that might be better? Also, is there a good polish or wheel cleaner i can use to bring back that shiny pop? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Green Wheel Cleaner works very well on brake dust and will work much better than OTC wheel cleaners. If they are factory chromed steel wheels some Fine Machine Polish or Revive polish should help with the shine, and Machine Super Wax would help protect them (all products applied by hand).

Green Wheel Cleaner works very well on brake dust and will work much better than OTC wheel cleaners. If they are factory chromed steel wheels some Fine Machine Polish or Revive polish should help with the shine, and Machine Super Wax would help protect them (all products applied by hand).

:iagree:

I would use the clay bar first! Remember that clay bar is now NO GOOD for anything but wheels!!!!!

:iagree:

Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner does wonders on brake dust. I had about two months worth of brake dust and salt on my daily driver and it made the rims looks like new. (I know I should not have waited but it was so cold I could not get out to wash).

Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner does wonders on brake dust. I had about two months worth of brake dust and salt on my daily driver and it made the rims looks like new. (I know I should not have waited but it was so cold I could not get out to wash).

Hey Everett we will write that up to product testing. If you had not let 2 months of grim build up on the wheels, you would not have known how well GWC would work on wheels that bad! :D

Archived