Customer Service 866.965.0400

First full detail!!!!

vm1971

Question

Hey y'all!

Well, after more than a year of doin my homework, all the awesome vids, people and here, and Eric (yes, you)... i did it. it paid off.

This past weekend was nice BOTH days, and the SS got detailed. I was a little sore last night, but it was worth it.

Its my daily driver, went throw the SNOW of this past winter in NJ, and i've had hear for over 11 months.. .so, not to shabby. I feel like i know the baseline now for the intitial steps... and i think i really wanna try some Americana next. Enjoy the pics (the color balance was a bit off so i tweaked that a tad in PS)...

So my general question now, having done the whole shebang and ending in MSW, would you guys maintain with the proper wash (which i always do)... and... more wax? glazes? Whats your personal maintenance take after a full exterior whammy jammy? THANKS, and thanks to this forum and of course, the GODLY Adams products. Ive sold so many people on it!

VINCE :pc:

23 answers to this question

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in person. You tired of the PC yet? The Monte is gonna need a polishin!

YEAH DUDE!

thanks!~

it was ALL PC..... u were right. while it was surely... hard work,

it was easier and i got a good feel for the level of SHR it needs.

Ill be puttin an order in when i get back from Florida! (or sooner!)

THANKS!

v

ps. the Monte is in desperate need.... thats up next!

Sounds like I'll have to deliver your next order in our shop car HHR SS. Fun little machine. We straight piped it and put a tune in. Quick for what it is, but it always pulls hard to the right when you get on it. I wish they made them in AWD. If we're bored next winter, were thinking of converting it!

i was truly gonna add that to my post....then deleted it...

i'd love to have me an HHR SS to add to the bunch. seriously.

YOU GOTTA BRING IT OVER! :willy:

Sounds like I'll have to deliver your next order in our shop car HHR SS. Fun little machine. We straight piped it and put a tune in. Quick for what it is, but it always pulls hard to the right when you get on it. I wish they made them in AWD. If we're bored next winter, were thinking of converting it!

Beautiful girl you have! :)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive suddenly become the "detail authority" at work. hahah.

Adams RULES. cant wait to slather some BG and Americana on the black...

i feel more in control now of this stuff.

:)

Since you have a black finish, use your foam gun every time you wash - black shows everything, and quick - it is beautiful, and unforgiving! The trick is NOT putting the swirls back in the paint when you wash it, and the foam gun is one of the tools that helps that. I do a hard stream rinse, a foam soak for 3 minutes, rinse again, then foam the finish a 2nd time and wash it with 2 bucket/2 grit guard/two pads. And then a touch of Americana every now and then, like every month or so.

First off nice job!

As far as maintenance going forward now that you have a good base and MSW on it I'd say stick with the two bucket wash and then just hit the trim with VRT and In/Out as needed. You can definitely throw some brilliant glaze and americana on after your next wash but really the MSW base should last you a good 3 months easy. If you go with Americana I'd reapply that after each wash.

Most likely you won't get the MSW off until your next intentional dawn wash or clay session. I'll give my car a full detail/polish in the spring and coat it with MSW then not redo MSW until the fall. But inbetween all those washes I'll definitely reapply BG, Americana, VRT to trim/tires almost pretty much every wash.

NICE!~

thanks!

thats about what i could guess, so thanks for confirming!!!!!

yeah, VRT has been a fave since my first tries with Adams... love it.

:thumbsup:

So my general question now, having done the whole shebang and ending in MSW, would you guys maintain with the proper wash (which i always do)... and... more wax? glazes? Whats your personal maintenance take after a full exterior whammy jammy? THANKS, and thanks to this forum and of course, the GODLY Adams products. Ive sold so many people on it!

VINCE :pc:

First off nice job!

As far as maintenance going forward now that you have a good base and MSW on it I'd say stick with the two bucket wash and then just hit the trim with VRT and In/Out as needed. You can definitely throw some brilliant glaze and americana on after your next wash but really the MSW base should last you a good 3 months easy. If you go with Americana I'd reapply that after each wash.

Most likely you won't get the MSW off until your next intentional dawn wash or clay session. I'll give my car a full detail/polish in the spring and coat it with MSW then not redo MSW until the fall. But inbetween all those washes I'll definitely reapply BG, Americana, VRT to trim/tires almost pretty much every wash.

MSW is a great base for Americana, or even BG and then Americana.

Thanks!

yea, my guess/desire was some Americana. so, prolly a dumb question...(i should know by now)... but now.. my next wash, .. would you still do foam?

or just a 2 pad, 2 bucket wash? in theory, i cant see foam hurting...

what do you think?

then,

the Americana.... ?

thanks guys

v

Archived