Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about Americana OVER Brilliant Spray Glaze

Z71_Denali

Question

Well, my wife and I have decided to get her a new car. it should be arriving at the dealership tonight and we will take it home tomorrow.

this weekend i'm going to wax the paint, seal the glass, and condition the leather after i clean it for the first time.

I know it is okay to apply Americana over Brilliant Glaze, but i have yet to get that product because i still have the old Brilliant Spray Glaze.

can i apply the BSG the same as i would the new BG??? will i see any ill effects on how long the americana coat lasts if BSG is under it?

P.S: we are trading in her 06 SRX for a 2011 SRX :glasses:

13 answers to this question

Absolutely! BSG will also work over the Americana. I preferred it over for some reason and I prefer BG in between MSW and Americana.

A guy here at work went from the older SRX to the new one... MUCH smaller, but he likes it overall. Much NICER IMO. I see they're scrapping the turbo motor in favor for the 3.6L DI which I never understood why they didn't do initially.

Enjoy!

Chris

Absolutely!

A guy here at work went from the older SRX to the new one... MUCH smaller, but he likes it overall. Much NICER IMO.

Enjoy!

Chris

We didn't notice it being much smaller on the inside cuz her current one doesn't have the optional 3rd row, but the seats are a lot more comfortable, its so much more luxurious with everything wrapped in leather, and going from the V8 that requires premium gas to a V6 that can take regular gas is a plus!

so when you say "Absolutely!" you mean i can apply BSG just like BG under Americana???

The old BSG is recommended over not under Americana :2thumbs:

We didn't notice it being much smaller on the inside cuz her current one doesn't have the optional 3rd row, but the seats are a lot more comfortable, its so much more luxurious with everything wrapped in leather, and going from the V8 that requires premium gas to a V6 that can take regular gas is a plus!

so when you say "Absolutely!" you mean i can apply BSG just like BG under Americana???

Like Bill said. You can, but it was truly designed for over. I always put a coat of MSW down first and work off that.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Archived