Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW + Worktruck ???'s

3PedalMINI

Question

Ive just ordered a new BLACK:willy:Nissan NV work van and its due in three weeks for delivery. I have explicit instructions in the contract that the dealer is NOT allowed to touch my van or even come within 10 feet of it with a "Rag":2thumbs: the salesmen looked at me like i was crazy and said i also expected to be compensated for the "free detail" and he was puzzled and took an additional 200 bucks off the negotiated price:banana:

Anyway, We are swamped and this van is immediately going into the field. I want to get it prepped for the summer ahead and its hard life on dirty dusty jobsites. I am a bit confused on the MSW directions. Everyone on here seems to say it needs to cure for 12-24hrs but watching series 7 Adam himself said let it sit for 20-30 minutes?? So what do i do? This is my plan to get it prepped.

Clay-Maybe? baggie test will tell

SHR-(hopefully i wont need it but who knows whats been done to it)

FMP-More then likely going to need it

MSW

Revive Polish

1 coat of Americana

What do you say? good enough protection for a work truck for the summer? It will be regularly washed once a week with two bucket method and foam gun. I will probably hit it with Buttery Wax every 6 weeks.

Now, on to one of my biggest questions. I am having this lettered with my company name and i know that my wrap guy is going to wipe down the areas where the letters are going to be applied with Alcohol/3M Cleaner. (i already plan on providing him with some nice clean microfibers) It will most definitely remove all the wax and sealant so do I just hit those areas again after he letters it with MSW,Revive and Americana? or do I paint correct the entire van drop it off and then hit everything with MSW,Revive& Americana after i get it back from him? (has anyone MSW,Revive & Wax over vehicle lettering???)

TIA, I will have the CLEANEST worktruck in America W.O swirls :jester::2thumbs:

And for anyone interested in what a nissan workvan lookslike, they are brand new! just hit dealers this week. BTW: the van isnt as ugly in person as it is in pics. Its actually really clean and sleak looking.http://www.nissancommercialvehicles.com/NV#1500

11 answers to this question

ok first off either put the revive before the msw or take it out of the equation all together. Revive is a polish so it will presumably take off that sealant (msw) you just took time and care to put on. As for the wait time I think 20-30 depending on the environment. As for cure time your supposed to wait 12-24 hrs to put anything over it. Hope that helps.

Oh pics of the van when you get it are mandatory.

Ha! it will most definitely be posted. I cant wait to see what it looks like with the adams treatment:drool: Its sad though, This will get the treatment before my Baby (The Mini) The poor thing needs so much help and its only three months old:help: (stupid dealer detail)

ok first off either put the revive before the msw or take it out of the equation all together. Revive is a polish so it will presumably take off that sealant (msw) you just took time and care to put on. As for the wait time I think 20-30 depending on the environment. As for cure time your supposed to wait 12-24 hrs to put anything over it. Hope that helps.

Thank you for clearing that up. Ok, so revive before MSW got it! makes sense, it has polish in the name lol. Also, the van will be living outside so after doing the MSW treatment and letting it sit overnight will i need to worry about the dust that accumulates on the finish? or is it just good practice to wash the whole Van down before I apply Americana?

Holy cow let me digest all that! Back in a few...

Lol, yeah it was a long post:pc:

Bredon, these guys pretty much covered it. If you're using Revive, put it on before the MSW. The MSW will need 20 minutes before you wipe it off. Then another wipe down in 12 hours or so to make sure everything is cured. Since it's getting wrapped I would just put a coat of MSW on it. After it's wrapped put a coat of BG on then follow with the Americana. I think that's more efficient and the wrap will get some protection too.

Bredon, these guys pretty much covered it. If you're using Revive, put it on before the MSW. The MSW will need 20 minutes before you wipe it off. Then another wipe down in 12 hours or so to make sure everything is cured. Since it's getting wrapped I would just put a coat of MSW on it. After it's wrapped put a coat of BG on then follow with the Americana. I think that's more efficient and the wrap will get some protection too.

Back to say this....^What he said.

First, yep, what they ^ all said.

Also, the van will be living outside so after doing the MSW treatment and letting it sit overnight will i need to worry about the dust that accumulates on the finish?

You could clean with Waterless Car Wash to knock off the dust, or if that is not available, a quick wash or maybe just a foaming should do you.

Are you wiping it off with just a MF or DS to?

I remember reading if your wax/sealant isn't coming off easy use a few sprays of DS.

Thanks for all the incite guys. Any more is greatly appreciated.

Post up pics!

Will Do! i cant wait to see what all this black shined up is going to look like:drool::drool: im ordering the :pc: tomorrow :thumbsup:

BTW: I still have half a quart left of lime green paint from my calibers and random Mini painting projects.Im going to paint the mirror caps lime green to match my logo and lettering and to make it look like a matching "fleet" when my Mini and truck are on the same jobsite:D. I actually just had my logo changed over to lime green/dark grey to support the color combos. I cant wait to see what this looks like and should be a real eye catcher among the sea of plain vans and lettering out there.

Archived