Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

I replaced the original Goodyear RSAs after 41,719 miles or 4 years, 50 weeks and 3 days of daily driving.  I know many complain about those tires but after rain, sleet, snow, etc I had absolutely no issues with them. They'd probably have lasted longer but this happens a lot:

8FB441DE-A4D4-42DD-BFA8-3B8472AE2CE1_zps

Haven't figured out what causes it though! ;)

IMG_1616_zps94ad36a1.jpg

I went with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires because I've always had Michelins before and loved them.

Time to head outside and wash the car, especially my new skins, which will of course be treated to SVRT. :wub:

Added pic:

IMG_1621_zps7cbc52c2.jpg

Edited by Captain Slow

I washed both the G8 and TBSS after work tonight. My G8 was covered in bird bombs at the office. The vehicles on either side...untouched. My wife's TBSS had grease of some sort all the way down the driver's side and on the tailgate. I had to hit the goo with Tar Remover twice to cut it. Detail Spray followed as a drying aid.

I watched my wife take my G8 this morning. She took it in for brakes, synthetic oil & filter change. She sure is beautiful going away with the sun on her back end..so is the wife for that matter.  :wub:  :glasses:

Your more trusting than I when it comes to letting someone work on your vehicle.  I even scrutinize the dealer when they touch my vehicle.  And they are the only one that I would even think about having work done by.  And at times I have found stuff that isn't up to par, which is frustrating.

Your more trusting than I when it comes to letting someone work on your vehicle.  I even scrutinize the dealer when they touch my vehicle.  And they are the only one that I would even think about having work done by.  And at times I have found stuff that isn't up to par, which is frustrating.

Our mechanic has a one man shop and is a car guy in the truest sense of the word. Several years ago he earned my trust by diagnosing and fixing an issue I had with my F150. The dealership's mechanics couldn't do that in 4 visits.

Saturday was upper 70's and sunny. Yesterday was 70 in the AM followed by rain. Today...well:

IMG_0285_zps67639970.jpg

BTW: Those are robins in the street on either side of the car. Bet they wish they were some place warmer, I know I do.

Edited by Captain Slow

Saturday was upper 70's and sunny. Yesterday was 70 in the AM followed by rain. Today...well:

IMG_0285_zps67639970.jpg

BTW: Those are robins in the street on either side of the car. Bet they wish they were some place warmer, I know I do.

Yikes Paul!

Yesterday I washed my BMW and helped a friend wash her Toyota Rav4.  After that, the Toyota got a new claying and sealant treatment.

That evening I took the BMW into the mountains to visit some family friends and ... yeah that wash went away with all the dirt from the dirt roads :(

Edited by mtnbiker326

I washed the G8 with Adam's Rinseless Wash. Went to the gas station and got gas for the mowers. My wife cut the grass (I'm not allowed, long story.) and when she was done I went fishing for the 3rd time this year. I got one 15" largemouth bass by slow rolling a beetle spin in emerging weeds. I was only out an hour so yay me. :D

Did this yesterday afternoon.  But with the Forum down wasn't able to post till today.  Took my kid on what is called a Discovery Flight and Mom and Dad got to tag along.  My son was able to taxi the plane to the runway and flew the plane once we were in the air.  Instructor pointed him where to go and allowed him to set plane up for landing.  Then instructor took over and landed plane.  Spent about an hour in the air.  And also enrolled my son in what is called Ground School.  Below is some pictures of our adventure.

post-706-0-17420200-1398017029_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-49646300-1398017268_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-18267000-1398017363_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-40822500-1398017457_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-09109300-1398017560_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-78691000-1398017663_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-01647900-1398017757_thumb.jpg

Chewy (Chris)  I am on my second mowing this year.  I cut it short the prior week hoping that the frost we had this week would slow it down some but it seems like it made it grow even faster.

LFairbanks (Chris)  I bet all of you enjoyed that right.  It appears you got some great pictures of the area.   Guess the son is now hooked on flying.  The next city over had a program like that and you would not believe how many would have pilots license before a drivers license. 

LFairbanks (Chris)  I bet all of you enjoyed that right.  It appears you got some great pictures of the area.   Guess the son is now hooked on flying.  The next city over had a program like that and you would not believe how many would have pilots license before a drivers license. 

He has been hooked since he was about 7, he turns 16 this week.  Usually kids when they are young change their minds about a dozen times as to what they want to do when they grow up.  He has just got further into it.  You can show him a picture of any plane, even old ones, and he can tell you all about it.  He has several FAA books and a test book.  I have a customer that is helping him along and showing him how to go about getting a commercial pilots license without joining a school and having huge amounts of debt.  He has helped two others during his career achieve their goals.  

Those of you that are just starting to mow your lawns are lucky.  I think I have mowed mine about 5 times.  No joke.  Picked up a new lawn mower this year as well.  The other I had for 17 years and still worked.  Just wanted something newer.

Edited by LFairbanks

Did a whole bunch of yard work and got 2 of the 3 vehicles washed.  Still haven't found the time to do any correcting.  Cleaned up the central air cover and treated it to a coat of Super VRT.  Then pulled it off and put it away for the season.  Will reapply another coat when I put it back on in the fall.

post-706-0-31546000-1398052664_thumb.jpg

post-706-0-38077200-1398052710_thumb.jpg

This past week was lost to me. Monday I got hit with the worst case of Norovirus I've ever had. The next 3 days were spent busting up the WC or in bed. As of today the symptoms are gone but I'm still not myself. Doctor C tells me as with any virus it can be a week to 10 days to fully recuperate.

On a positive note I posted the following on G8board:

Five years ago today I shook hands w/George @ Community Pontiac in Wilmington, IL and drove home in my new Sport Red Metallic G8 GT.
paulscar003.jpg
 In those five years and 42,000 daily driven miles I've gone through one set of tires (@41,000), one set of front brakes, 14 oil/filter changes, 6 air filter changes, 4 sets of wiper blades, 3 cabin air filter changes, 3 console lids, < :slap:
WTH GM? 1 collision with a red light runner, 1 battery, 1 driver's seat zip tie mod, 1 coolant flush, lots of Adams/Meguiar's/ONR and a whole lot of smiling. I love this car and as I've said before I hope to teach my now 5 year old twins to drive in it when they are old enough.

IMG_0049-1_zps46eb0f4d.jpg
I'd wash her today but the entire next week has rain in the forecast and as thick as the pollen is in the air right now I just can't get motivated.

Took my son and wife and went to the airport flight school where my kid is going to start ground school for the their monthly breakfast.  Excited for him and want him to do better than I did when it comes to success.  Then over to do sheet rock in the basement.  Just wasn't feeling it today.  One of those days where everything is an uphill battle.  And ran out of sheet rock.  70 sheets so far and are going to go pick up another 40 tomorrow or sometime next week.  

Edited by LFairbanks

I was able to get the center console and attachments uninstalled in my miata.  I also prepped everything for the final push tomorrow to remove the transmission for a clutch replacement.

Yesterday I successfully completed a Gary Dean method Rinseless wash with 4 BB towels, 2 buckets, 2 utility towels (wheels) a 1 glass cleaning towel.  All in under 45 min.  :)  Would have been faster but it was the first time I tackled the wheels with this method and that took me more than 20 min of that 45.  So technically the wash only took me 20-25 min (everything but wheels).  Can't argue with that.  :)

Went to breakfast with my wife while the teenager slept in.  Had help from my son pulling weeds that seemed to grow all winter in two flower beds.  Yesterday it rained cats and dogs so it made pulling weeds much easier.  Mowed the front and back lawn.  Love the new mower.  Still have a riding for the back but have been doing it with the new mower.  Probably would have never bought the riding back when I did if I had this mower.  Spread some dirt that I had ordered last week that was delivered in a bag.  Have about half of it left.  Hoping it will help with some spots where the lawn struggles.  Thought about washing a car, but the clouds in the sky told me to forget about it.  Hope everybody else enjoyed their weekend.

I brought up bacon from the basement freezer for tomorrow morning.

It's rained every day this week so the vehicles look like crap. Tomorrow the G8 gets a bath before I go to the office for the AM. When I get home the house shutters are getting cleaned and SVRT. Sunday Club Silver will get washed and Detail Sprayed. Mama will cut the grass since I'm no longer allowed...something about scalping the lawn...oh well. Since this week was so wet well toss the girls outside all day with us as well.

Edited by Captain Slow

I brought up bacon from the basement freezer for tomorrow morning.

It's rained every day this week so the vehicles look like crap. Tomorrow the G8 gets a bath before I go to the office for the AM. When I get home the house shutters are getting cleaned and SVRT. Sunday Club Silver will get washed and Detail Sprayed. Mama will cut the grass since I'm no longer allowed...something about scalping the lawn...oh well. Since this week was so wet well toss the girls outside all day with us as well.

Paul, make sure you stock up on your bacon.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/57792433-79/pigs-pork-percent-nation.html.csp

Wonder how long the mowing of the lawn by your wife will last.....lol

• 3 weeks later...