Customer Service 866.965.0400

Apc

8ball

Question

13 answers to this question

These guys covered. Perfectly safe, just don't use it on hot wheels or allow it to dry.

Cut 50% with water for milder cleaning, still follow the same precautions.

Green Wheel Cleaner is the better choice as it attacks the carbon metallic of brake dust while APC is a better degreaser and dissolves silicones and other petroleum based contamination.

APC is ideal for tires and fender linings, GWC is ideal for wheel faces... both can be used in place of the other, although the results will be less stellar for each product when its used on a type of contamination its not designed for.

You might get more responses by moving this to the General Questions or the Wheel and Tire sections of the forum.

I try not to get APC on my wheels, which are powder coated. Like Chewy said, stay on the safe side and use GWC.

I appreciate that. Since I'm a "Newby" I went to the newby section.

so i ordered GWC and APC to try on the audi's rims and my mini's after recommendations from you guys. I am extremly curious to see the results of them. GWC should be more then enough for the mini but albeit im going to have to use APC on the audi's brake dust.

The only question i have is i have my calibers painted and cleared. Do you see a problem with GWC on the calibers? i assume its safe but you never know. After market clears will never be as good as something that come from the factory.

Archived